Last day before spring break and another thank you

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Mar 21, 2024, 11:21:44 PMMar 21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • Another finals day tomorrow (Fri).  Release at 12:30
  • It's spring break (Thanks teacher chaperones!)
  • Thank you to the Spring Soiree team
  • Next year's 9th grade class is full

Another finals day tomorrow (Fri).  Release at 12:30

I stayed around late today since I didn't get a chance to send the reminder email yesterday about the early release (and I had some work to do), but I might want to get a jump on my Spring Break tomorrow so let's all go home early!  Good luck on finals!

Report cards will not be ready until after spring break.  Grades are due from the teachers on the Wednesday after we get back.  This means that spring break might be a good time to do some catch up work if your teachers are willing to allow it.  Doesn't hurt to ask!

It's spring break (Thanks teacher chaperones!)

I don't know if everyone realizes how incredible our staff is.  We have trips to England and the east coast happening over spring break, and our staff has volunteered their time to make this happen and are volunteering their time to chaperone.  Even if you're not going on a trip, give a big thank you to: Ms. Lennon and Mr. Snow (for planning and leading the trips), and Ms. Geis, Ms. Farias, Mr. Putaro, and Ms. Hines for chaperoning.  It is amazing that we have such dedicated staff who are not only willing to take on this responsibility, but also eager and looking forward to spending a week with our students.  Our staff has already been planning next year's trips and we haven't even taken off yet!

Safe travels to all who will be traveling!

Don't forget that our spring break is two weeks long.  We'll see you back on Monday, April 8th.

Thank you to the Spring Soiree team

When I thanked the SET PA for organizing the Spring Soiree, I avoided thanking the individuals who donated countless hours planning the event because I didn't want to miss someone.  I now have the complete list, so please join me in thanking Susan Kilmer, Sasha Wilson, Ashley Wells, Chrissy Kenis, Amy Boyd, Linda Goodman, Virginia Nigro, and Melissa McChesney.

In case I haven't said it enough, the evening was a wonderful success.  I am so grateful to be part of such a strong, caring, and generous community!

Next year's 9th grade class is full

We have filled our 9th grade class for next year and have a growing waitlist for all grades.  There always winds up being some fluctuation over the summer so if you have friends or family who were late planning for next year, make sure you let us know.  Some of the grades have shorter waitlists so there might still be an opportunity for them to join SET if they enroll immediately.

Do let us know as soon as possible if you will be moving next year so that we can ease the stress of those who are on the waitlist.  We would rather our current students stay, of course, so expect some pressure if you tell us that you are moving!

Have a wonderful spring break!

Dr. McCurdy