Hybrid Update and Student/Parent Survey

prin...@sethigh.org

Mar 5, 2021, 9:27:08 PM3/5/21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

(Note, I'm going to start putting the items that I expand upon in bold so that you don't go looking for more details that aren't in the email.)

  • Full Hybrid Re-Opening (likely next Thu, 3/11)
  • School Climate Surveys will be emailed to current students and parents
  • Board Meeting on 3/10 @ 6PM
  • Final exams (3/17 and 3/18)
  • Virtual-Only Day (3/19)
  • Spring Break (3/22 to 4/2)  Yes, it's two weeks!
  • Rummage Sale for the senior class in April (please start donating items!)
  • Your Coffee is here.  Come pick it up if you ordered some!

Full Hybrid Re-Opening (likely next Thu, 3/11)

Unfortunately the case count this week was just shy of what we needed in order to re-open Full Hybrid on Monday.  We will likely be able to open Full Hybrid on Thursday (3/11) based on next week's numbers.  I will let you know on Tuesday evening if something changes, but all indications are that we are moving in that direction.  The groupings have largely stayed the same, but in case you have forgotten which day is your day, we will email confirmations on Wednesday.  Hybrid is not mandatory, so if you prefer to wait until after Spring Break to make sure that things are settling down, that is totally fine.

School Climate Surveys will be emailed to current students and parents

Please look out for Surveys that we will be sending to you in an email over the weekend.  We use these to make sure that we have a pulse on how things are going at our school, so please let us know what we are doing well, and what we can do to improve.  There are always things that we can do to be better, and we have our own running list of these things, but it is helpful to hear from you in case we are missing anything.

Final exams (3/17 and 3/18)

Remember that final exams are on Wed and Thu this semester since we are having a Virtual-Only day on Friday (3/19).  The schedule is as follows (note that on Thursday the 2nd period final exam starts at 8:05.  Every year there's someone who doesn't have a 1st period who forgets to come to school early that day.  Don't be that student!):

Wednesday (3/17/21)

8:05 - 9:20

Period 1

9:20 - 9:30

Passing

9:30 - 10:45

Period 4

10:45 - 11:00

Passing

11:00 - 11:55

Optional Review

for Period 2 Final

11:55 - 12:40

Lunch

12:40 - 1:35

Optional Review

for Period 3 Final

1:35 - 1:50

Passing

1:50 - 2:45

Optional Review for

Period 5 Final

Thursday (3/18/21)

8:05 - 9:20

Period 2

9:20 - 9:30

Passing

9:30 - 10:45

Period 3

10:45 - 10:55

Passing

10:55 - 12:10

Period 5

Rummage Sale for the senior class in April (please start donating items!)

Dear Parents and Students,

SET's senior class is having a rummage sale and is kindly asking for your generous donations. Think of it as a win-win situation. You get to clear your house of clutter and help seniors make some cash. Anything works, including china, books, electronics, lamps, art, and furniture, you name it! Please drop off donations in front of the school by the doors. A sign will be posted outside the school. Please do not come inside. We are trying to be as covid friendly as possible.

Thank you.

Senior Class

Thanks everyone.

Dr. McCurdy