Traffic congestion after school

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Sep 15, 2022, 6:26:37 PM9/15/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

I have been struggling with trying to get an email out to you and have decided that I better short-cut it and just send a one-topic email so that I can make sure that it gets sent today.  Hopefully I can get the full update out tomorrow.  I do have to say, though, that the whole staff is really thrilled with how the school year has started.  We love our new group of students and we love the energy of the parents!

Now, about that traffic congestion!  The solution is really easy.  Just pick up your student at 3:45 instead of 3:30.  The street is completely empty just a few minutes later in the day.  What tends to happen every year is parents come earlier and earlier to try to beat the traffic but then wind up waiting for a long time.  If you have a long commute and need to pick up right at 3:30, I recommend that you do the pick-up over by the park at the Kearny Villa Rd. entrance.  It's a short walk for the students and it helps you avoid both Aero Dr. and Aero Ct.

Our neighbors are starting to get upset about the congestion (and I imagine that you are as well!), so hopefully making the slight adjustments to your pick-up times and/or pick-up locations will make everything run a little more smoothly.

We do have more families this year, so we might ultimately need to rethink how pick-ups work, but I'm hopeful that this email will do the trick.  We don't have a similar problem in the morning because the drop-offs are staggered all the way from 7:45 to 10:00.

Just so you know, we have staff doing tutoring (help-desk) on campus until 4:45 every day so leaving your students here for a bit might actually be a win-win.

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy