Family Picnic and Open House today! (1:30 PM)

prin...@sethigh.org

Oct 6, 2022, 12:46:12 PM10/6/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

This is a reminder about the Family Picnic and Open House today.  We are looking forward to meeting all of you!  If you have not RSVP'd, please still do so in case someone can do a last minute run to the store.  If you don't RSVP or RSVP'd late, please still come but we do ask that you wait until everyone is fed before grabbing whatever extras the SET PA has.

Thank you so much to the SET PA for organizing this whole event and providing the food.  We are so lucky to have such supportive parents.

See you there!

Dr. McCurdy

(The details are below in case you missed them earlier)

I included the information about the Open House and Picnic that I sent out last week at the bottom of this email in case you missed it.  I do want to specifically direct your attention to the RSVP link so that the SET PA can make sure that they have enough food for everyone.  Also, to help with parking and traffic, let's use the following guidelines:

  1. If you are going to the Open House, please park in the garage (turn into our driveway and head down the hill to the underground parking).
  2. If you are going straight to the picnic, it's possible that the school parking will already be full so you may want to park directly at the park.  The parking lot off of Kearny Villa Rd. is small and may also be full, so it might be best to avoid the school traffic altogether and just park off of Hurlbut St. on the other side of the park.  Here is the map that I sent out when we were discussing pick-up options that shows the Option 3 and Option 4 options at the park.  Note that you access Hurlbot Rd. from Afton Rd. (the next intersection east on Aero Dr.).
  3. If you are unable to go to either event and are just trying to pick up your student, please avoid backing up traffic on Aero Ct. (as always) so that the parents who do want to go to the Open House can park quickly and maximize their time with the teachers.

Here is the earlier announcement about the Open House and Family Fun Picnic:

We are going to combine Open House with the Family Fun Picnic this year.  If you would like to come inside the school and see your student's classroom and teachers, the teachers will be in their rooms receiving visitors between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM next Thursday.  We will all walk down to the park for the Family Fun Picnic at 2:00 PM.  To maximize your time with the teachers, we ask that your student be the guide who introduces you to each of their teachers.  There will be plenty of time to chat with the whole staff at the Family Fun Picnic if the conversations get cut short.

Also know that you can email, call, or visit any of our staff anytime throughout the year.  It's best to email the staff member to schedule a time.

The Family Fun Picnic is being organized by our revitalized SET PA.  We are so lucky to have such strong support from our families this year!  See the flyer for the Family Fun Picnic here.