Staffing Change at SET High

prin...@sethigh.org

Oct 31, 2022, 7:06:29 PM10/31/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • Ms. Jeffries has replaced Ms. Holman Leak as the long-term sub for Ms. Geis' classes
  • We are still identifying positive COVID cases (two last week and two over the weekend)
  • Report cards should be available on Core Competency by Friday afternoon
  • The Halloween Dance was amazing!

Ms. Jeffries has replaced Ms. Holman Leak as the long-term sub for Ms. Geis' classes

We are thankful that our own Ms. Jeffries has agreed to take over the Leadership and Strength of Mind and Body classes.  Ms. Jeffries is new to teaching, but we have been thrilled with the way that she has interacted with and engaged with the students thus far this year in her role as an Academic Coach.  It is always scary to bring on a new teacher in the middle of the year, so I very much appreciative Ms. Jeffries for agreeing to step into this role.

The plan is to still have Ms. Geis return to the classroom at the start of our Spring term (January 31st), at which point Ms. Jeffries will return to her Academic Coach position.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. Holman Leak for the time that she dedicated to our students.  Learning a new system and teaching a class as unique as our Leadership class is no easy challenge, and I am so grateful to Ms. Holman Leak for giving her all to our students.  We will always remember the amazing field trip to Oceanside and the surfing experience that she gave to our students.  Thank you Ms. Holman Leak!

Please give Ms. Jeffries a warm welcome to the teaching team!

We are still identifying positive COVID cases (two last week and two over the weekend)

Please continue to test yourself anytime you feel sick.  COVID-19 is still present unfortunately.

Report cards should be available on Core Competency by Friday afternoon

Grades are due from the teachers on Wednesday and we should have report cards ready for viewing on CoreCompetency by Friday afternoon.

The Halloween Dance was amazing!

Thank you to Ms. Farias and the ASB team for putting on a great party.  Hopefully you all got to see and hear a little bit of the fun as you drove up to drop off or pick up your students.

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy