No school Monday! And other updates...

prin...@sethigh.org

Jan 21, 2022, 4:40:35 PM1/21/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • No school on Monday (1/24)
  • New semester starts on Tue (1/25)
  • COVID update
  • Report cards will be on Core next Friday (1/28)
  • Need volunteers for the Board Nominations Advisory Panel

No school on Monday (1/24)

This is an end-of-the-semester break for us.  Students, enjoy the day off!

New semester starts on Tue (1/25)

Students will have new class schedules starting on Tuesday.  The schedules are mostly finalized, so this is a good time for parents to look at the schedule to make sure that there are not any surprises from your vantage point.  The schedules are on CoreCompetency on the Scheduled Courses card.

Students who will be joining virtually on Tuesday are going to have a little trouble finding the Google Meet for their class.  Make sure that you reach out to your teacher via Google Chat so that they can give you the new Google Classroom code.  If you do not know who your teacher is, send a message to Ms. Heath or any other staff member to ask.

COVID update

The number of COVID cases that we are seeing seems to be declining a bit so hopefully we are close to the end of the Omicron wave.  Please continue to be vigilant at home.  Most of the cases that we have caught have been caught early in the morning and have not resulted in close contacts.  That is mostly thanks to the students and parents reporting illnesses to us early.  Thank you for that.  As a reminder, we do not have any more at-home test kits to give you, but we are happy to test anyone in your family here at school.

If you haven't already, please get your free test kits from the government so that we can continue to catch cases early.  This will especially be important when we return from Spring Break.

Report cards will be on Core next Friday (1/28)

Final grades are due from the teachers on Wednesday and we will finalize those grades on Friday.  Students, please make sure that you look at your report cards because you may sometimes be pleasantly surprised with the rounding up that a teacher might do.  The Google Classroom grades are not the final grades.

Need volunteers for the Board Nominations Advisory Panel

We hope that our board members who are terming out on July 1st this year will continue to serve on our board, but we have instituted safeguards to make sure that we do not wind up with a rogue board member who will never leave.  All newly nominated and continuing board members need to make it through a Board Nominations Advisory Panel before they can be voted on by the board.  The Nominations Advisory Panel is selected by the board but must contain at least one current parent who is chosen at random from a list of interested parents.  In the event that we have a board member who does not wish to remain on the board, the Nominations Advisory Panel will search for, vet and nominate new board members for consideration and vote by the remaining board members.

The term for the Board Nominations Advisory Panel is 1 year.

If you are interested in serving on the Nominations Advisory Panel, please respond to this email.  Thank you in advance for volunteering for this very important part of our school governance.

Just to be clear, you are only volunteering to maybe become a member of the advisory panel.  The members will be selected at random from those who are interested.

Thanks everyone.  Enjoy the long weekend!

Dr. McCurdy