Course Scheduling starts on Monday for Seniors! See the Master Schedule

prin...@sethigh.org

Jan 7, 2024, 10:46:39 PMJan 7
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • 12th graders schedule classes on Mon, 11th on Wed, and 10th on Thu, and 9th on Fri
  • Master Schedule
  • Early Release on Thursday (1/11).  Release at 1:20 PM
  • MLK Day is next Monday (1/15)
  • Finals are on Thu (1/18) and Fri(1/19). Release at 12:30 PM
  • New semester holiday (1/22)
  • New semester begins (with new classes this time) on 1/23

12th graders schedule classes on Mon, 11th on Wed, and 10th on Thu, and 9th on Fri

Students have registration windows based on seniority.  Our 12th Graders will have two days to sign up for courses starting on Monday at 9:00 AM.  11th Graders start on Wednesday, 10th Graders on Thursday, and 9th Graders on Friday.  All windows will start after lunch on the assigned day (except for 12th graders who will start at 9 tomorrow).  We give the 12th graders two days to sign up for courses in case we discover scheduling conflicts that we need to resolve before everyone else signs up.

Instructions for how to use the scheduling system can be found in text form here or in video form here.  Ignore the scheduling dates that are mentioned in the video.  It's an older video that I should have made generic so it works for each subsequent year, but there's good information in there for new students, so I'm still going to share it.

Master Schedule

The master schedule for Spring is now live (you may have noticed it on Friday) and can be found here, but really you should be following the instructions in the links above and only looking at the classes that are available for you based on your current grade level and the pre-reqs that you have completed.  You do this by clicking on the View Options link on your CoreCompetency dashboard (see the instructions in the links).

Know that popular classes fill up quickly, so you should be looking at the master schedule (that link above, or Reports|Master Schedule) throughout the week to make sure that the classes that you want are not already full.  You'll be able to add yourself to a waitlist, but if you are deep on the waitlist, it's not likely that you will get the class.  You will also want to sign up as early as possible in your scheduling window so that you can beat out everyone else who is in your grade.  Students who pay attention to emails like this and are on the ball always seem to get the classes that they need or want.  I wonder why.  :)

Finally, there are some classes that are fixed -- your math class, for example.  Our math teachers will be pre-selecting the appropriate math class for you before Wednesday (your math class probably won't change if you are doing well in your class, but may change if you are not passing).  Note that all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders will be in a math class in the Spring, so if you are an 11th grader who escaped taking one in the Fall, that was only because we had a plan for you to take Statistics in the Spring.  That's where you'll be.

Your advisors are available to help you if you are new and/or confused.  Just about any staff member (including me) will be able to help if your advisor is busy for some reason.  Ask early, though, so that you know what you should be doing before your scheduling window starts.

Thanks, everyone.

Dr. McCurdy