LCAP Advisory Group and Board Meetings

prin...@sethigh.org

Oct 8, 2021, 5:45:07 PM10/8/21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • LCAP Advisory Group to discuss future COVID-19 expenditures (Monday, 10/11 @ 3:30 PM)
  • Board Meeting (Wed, 10/13 @ 4:30 PM)

LCAP Advisory Group

The LCAP Advisory Group is the group of students, parents, staff members and community members who help us make important spending decisions.  This year we have some COVID-19 funds that we have to spend and we would like to get community input during the LCAP Advisory Group meeting on Monday to help us decide what our priorities should be.  The board will be doing a final approval of this expenditure plan at Wednesday's meeting.

Some possibilities for spending that have emerged at previous meetings:

  • Resumption of our one-on-one tutoring program
  • More field trips/retreats to help with student and staff mental health
  • More fun school toys to help with student mental health (think sports equipment, a second ping pong table, those kinds of things)
  • Money earmarked for passion projects to support mental health (think more multi-media equipment for Newsday Tuesday, paints for painting projects, etc.)
  • A school van to help with student transportation to sporting events
  • A long term substitute teacher to help with staffing shortages due to COVID-19 absences
  • Fund future years of a school counselor to better support student mental health

The zoom link for the meeting can be found here or on our calendar.

Board Meeting

The board agenda will be posted 72 hours before the meeting.  As always, the agendas and materials can be found here.

The zoom link for the meeting can be found here or on our calendar.

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy