Orientation Follow Up: Signatures required

prin...@sethigh.org

Aug 28, 2021, 10:26:54 AM8/28/21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

The following is a slightly modified version of a personalized email that went to each enrolled family.

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • Orientation Video in case you missed Orientation
  • Primary email address we have for your family is: (they're email address)
  • Documents that require signatures will be sent for e-signing in an email from prin...@sethigh.org to (they're email address)
  • New students should arrive at 8:00 AM.  Returning students do not need to be here until 8:45 AM.
  • COVID-19 testing and vaccination policies explained

Orientation Video in case you missed Orientation

In case you missed Orientation or part of Orientation last night, the video recording of the event can be found here.

Documents that require signatures will be sent for e-signing in an email from prin...@sethigh.org to (they're email address)

We will only be sending the documents to the above email address.  You should receive the email this evening.  You will be able to forward it to another email address if you would rather have someone else sign it. Please let us know if you no longer have access to the email account that we used.  Going forward, we will always only send e-signatures to the primary email address, so if it's inconvenient for you to receive them there, just let us know and we can swap the two email addresses that we have on file for you.

I apologize in advance for how cumbersome the Free and Reduced Lunch form is to fill out.  Please know that it was even more painful to put all of those fields in the form!!!

We included the Spanish Language Free and Reduced Lunch form, but we could not turn it into an e-sign document without requiring everyone to fill out both forms.  Please just use it for a reference or print it out and fill it out manually if necessary.  We will have copies of all of these forms here at school if you have any technology issues.

New students should arrive at 8:00 AM.  Returning students do not need to be here until 8:45 AM.

As we mentioned last night, we will have a special meeting in the den with the new students in the morning.  Returning students are welcome to come early to hang out with your friends, but we will not have anything formal for you starting until 9:00.  Please do arrive prior to 8:45, though, so that we can get everyone checked into school in a timely fashion.

COVID-19 testing and vaccination policies explained

I want to provide a little more explanation about our testing and vaccination policies since we have received some questions about this since last night.  Our primary goal with COVID testing is to help as many students remain on campus as much as possible.  If a student is symptomatic and has a prior medical condition that explains the condition, the Rapid Antigen test will help us all feel more comfortable that the symptoms are not related to COVID-19.  We can also use the Antigen test to spot-check our population to make sure that there are not any surprise outbreaks in our school.  This, too, will help us all feel more comfortable with attending school and can help us prevent major outbreaks that may otherwise catch us by surprise.  And finally, we can use the Rapid Antigen test to allow unvaccinated students who have had a close contact, but remain asymptomatic, to continue with in-person learning.

Note that our Rapid Antigen test cannot be used to rule out COVID-19 for people who are symptomatic and do not have a pre-existing documented chronic condition to explain the symptoms.  In that case, a PCR test will be required and the student will need to quarantine at home until a negative result is confirmed.  PCR tests will need to be scheduled with your doctor or at one of the many free testing sites around the county.

The final thing to emphasize is that the current recommendations from the CDC are that vaccinated students are not required to quarantine even if they have had a close contact with someone who has tested positive.  We do ask, though, that anyone in this situation let us know about the exposure and exercise extra caution when interacting with others.

Thank you everyone!

Dr. McCurdy