SET High is now in "Optional Masking"

prin...@sethigh.org

Apr 11, 2022, 2:11:14 PM4/11/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

  • Optional Masking starts today
  • Den construction
  • Minimum day on Thursday (4/14) (12:45 dismissal)
  • SET Family Fun Day (Please RSVP)

Optional Masking starts today

All students were COVID-19 tested before entering the building today, and since we had no positive cases we are moving to the "Optional Masking" masking level per our Masking Protocol.  Students still need to let us know immediately if they are feeling sick in any way so that we can give them a COVID test.  We will be attempting to move back to normal as much as possible, but need to be vigilant to make sure that we do not have an outbreak that forces us to move backwards.

"Optional Masking" means that students and staff do not have to wear masks in any situation, but anyone who wants to wear a mask should be allowed to without fear of being stigmatized.  Anyone who is feeling sick who is still allowed to be on campus because they have tested negative for COVID-19 should wear a mask in case COVID-19 is not yet detectable, but also to help slow the spread of colds and flu.  Hopefully mask-wearing while sick will become the new normal so that we can all avoid a few more illnesses throughout the year!

Den Construction

In case students are confused about the new construction that happened in the den over the break, the den is now a "classroom" workspace during class time and should be treated as a classroom.  We have separated the den from the bathrooms so that the students who are in the den will not be bothered by other foot traffic.  We are working to move the water filter into a common space, but for now, just plan on filling your water bottles during passing periods or during lunch.  The openings that are temporarily being blocked by tables will eventually have barn doors.  Please treat the tables as barricades that should only be moved out of the way during lunch and before and after school.  If you need to get into the den to work, please ask a staff member to unlock the door for you.

SET Family Fun Day (Please RSVP)

Please see the following flyer from our SET PA regarding the Family Fun Day.  There is a QR code on it for RSVPs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/search?q=fun%20day

Thanks everyone!

Dr. McCurdy