No minimum day today

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Feb 15, 2022, 1:41:10 PM2/15/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

Since the rain is light and spotty today, we think we'll be able to find a time during the day for the students to have lunch outside.  We were really only thinking about the minimum day schedule for those days when it rains non-stop.

We are pretty close to relaxing the COVID protocols to allow for indoor lunch, so hopefully we'll never have to have a rain-induced minimum day.  Once we can make it through a week without finding asymptomatic COVID cases using our spot checks, we will stop doing the morning COVID tests and can relax the COVID protocols a bit.  So far so good this week!  Regardless, we will still be offering COVID tests for anyone who has symptoms, anyone who has been a close-contact, or anyone who wants one for peace of mind.

While we are talking about COVID, please note that masks are still required in all California schools at least through the end of the month.  It sounds like California is close to lifting the mask mandate, but since we are still dealing with active COVID cases on our campus it would have been too early for us to stop masking anyway.

Correction: My email yesterday had the incorrect date for the lottery.  It is next Wednesday (2/23) at 4:30 PM.

Thanks everyone.

Dr. McCurdy