Invitation to the LCAP Advisory Group meeting (Tue, 2/23 @ 6pm)

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Feb 19, 2021, 3:22:37 PM2/19/21
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

Our LCAP Advisory Group is a group of parents, staff members and students who help us create the Local Control Accountability Plan for the 2021/22 school year.  We are looking for students and parents who would like to officially (or even unofficially) join the advisory group and help us agree on our staffing and funding priorities for next school year.  Please join us.

What is the LCAP?

Each year, schools are required to have a transparent discussion about the school priorities and the money that gets allocated to those priorities.  All stakeholders (parents, students, staff, and the community) should be involved in this decision making.  Charter schools have traditionally been very good at reaching out to stakeholders because of the choice that charter school parents have in their selection of schools and the customer service focus that charter schools necessarily have as a result of that parent choice.  Before school choice was an option, public schools did not have to engage with the community because there was nowhere else for the families to go if they were not happy.  Recognizing this, California created the LCAP (Local Control Accountability Plan) requirement a few years ago to make sure that schools were engaging with stakeholders about important decisions.  Our LCAP Advisory Group helps us make important decisions about school priorities and helps us craft the LCAP.

The LCAP will ultimately be reviewed and approved at one of our June board meetings.

I hope to see you at Tuesday's meeting!

Thank you!

Dr. McCurdy