No school tomorrow (tue). Too many staff with COVID

1 view

prin...@sethigh.org

Jun 20, 2022, 4:16:21 PM6/20/22
to set-w...@sethigh.org

Dear Students, Parents, and Guardians,

I tested positive for COVID today and we have about 6 or 7 other staff members who are either positive or likely positive.  This is not the right time to be inviting our community into our school.  Note that all of us were at school on Friday during the contagious window so according to current COVID protocols based on shared air, all students who were at school on Friday are considered close contacts and should test immediately and again on day 3, 4 or 5.  Both Ms. Heath and I are the ones who do COVID tests and we're both sick so we cannot offer any COVID tests at school while we are quarantining.  Sorry about that.

Graduation was outside the contagious window for all of us so if you had any close contacts with staff at graduation, you should be fine.

We will not be making up this school day due to the length of all of our quarantines, so go ahead and enjoy your summer!  As inconvenient as this is, I am super thankful that this did not happen 10 days ago.  This is really the best time it could have happened during the school year.

When I'm feeling better, I'll send out a final email with links to the graduation video and photos.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Stay safe,

Dr. McCurdy