Digest of Daily Announcements

Matthew Wallenhorst

Oct 11, 2022, 1:52:21 PM10/11/22

Mock Trial

This is a reminder for all those that are interested in trying out for the mock trial team… There are sign ups outside of Mrs. Fairfield’s room 201B. Please be sure to select your time by Tuesday 10/11.

Triple A Raffle

Twenty or more tickets sold, you get a GV Art+Design raffle shirt - see Mrs. Loesch in the Commons during Community Period

Thirty-five or more tickets sold? You get to dress down in GREEN and GOLD for the duration of the raffle!

IF YOU WANT A FREE DAY -- LET'S GET YOUR 20 TICKETS SOLD - FREE DAY IS SUPER BOWL MONDAY!

Eagles Study

No ES Tuesday. Good luck on tests Wednesday. We resume study sessions Tuesday Oct 18 after school n 121.

Living History Club

Living History, St. Edward's foam sword battle guild, meets during the Enrichment period (before school) on F days. The next Living History battle is the Monday we return from fall break. Meet in room 105 and see Mr. Chrosniak if you have any questions.

Pokemon Club

There's a brand new club at St. Ed's, the Pokemon Club. We meet during Enrichment on C days in room 105. We've got rental decks to borrow for battles, collectors talking about their latest pulls, and a bunch of newbies just learning. If you've got that itching to catch them all, show up for Pokemon club. See Mr. Chrosniak or freshman James Smith with questions.

Student Ambassadors

This is a reminder that our next Open House is on Monday, October 17th after school. Please continue to check your emails throughout this week for information about your assignments for the Open House.

--
Matt Wallenhorst '05
Dean of Student Life and Culture

Matthew Wallenhorst

Oct 19, 2022, 8:31:46 AM10/19/22

Job Opportunity

General Fall clean-up including trimming bushes & plants, raking leaves, lawn cutting & general landscaping to prepare for the winter. Location:  various homes in Lakewood,  Parma Heights & Berea.   $15 - $18/Hour. Call David Zentkovich ’85 at 216-559-4322

Triple A Raffle

The last day to sell your raffle tickets is Wednesday at Midnight. Let's go gentlemen!

Eagles Study

Eagles Study this week Room 121: Tuesday/Thursday 3pm bring a snack. Wednesday CP bring your lunch!  Math, Chemistry, Physics, Language and English tutors available. Finish Q1 strong!

Student Ambassadors

Our next Open House is on Monday, October 24th.  Please check your emails this week for your Open House assignments.

French Club

We will meet during Community Period B on Wednesday, October 19 to play Pétanque on the front lawn (weather permitting) or in 103 in case of rain. À bientôt!

Mock Trial

This is a reminder to anybody that’s interested in participating in mock trial this year … there are mandatory tryouts on either Tuesday  10/18 or Wednesday  10/19. Please be sure to sign up for a time slot. Sign ups are located on Mrs. Fairfield door at 201B. If you have any questions please be sure to stop by.

Pokemon Club

The Pokemon Club meets in the mornings on C days in room 105- for this week that's Thursday from 7:45am-8:40am. We've got a bunch of loaner decks that you can borrow to battle against other students. Don't know how to play the card game? It's easy and fun to learn!

--
Matt Wallenhorst '05
Dean of Student Life and Culture
St. Edward High School

Matthew Wallenhorst

Oct 25, 2022, 7:48:22 AM10/25/22

Garden Club

Hey Growers! Mark your calendars because Tuesday is an E day and that means we will be outside at Community Period trying to get the rest of the garden ready for winter. Grab a friend and come on out! No experience necessary.

Muslim Student Association

The MSA will host a guest speaker and discussion on “Misconceptions of Islam: Sharia law” this Thursday in the Innovation Center L201.  Stop in with curiosity and questions. There will be pizza and drinks.  See Mr. Merriman if you have questions.

Sociedad Honoria de Hispanica

"Attention old members and newly accepted members:

• This Friday, October 28 we’ll meet during community B for a Día de Muertos activity. Please get your lunch and report to 214 as soon as you can.

• A few old members still owe dues. Please see Mrs. Quinn this week.

• New members - dues are $20 for the year. See Mrs. Quinn or Ms. Sisson if you anticipate a problem paying the fee for the year."

Eagles Study

Eagles Study meets Tuesday and Thursday after school this week in room 121.  On Friday during  CP B we will take a break to celebrate all our hard work Quarter 1 and join PRISM club at the movies! See Ms McTernan or Ms Dennstedt for the room number!

Flight Magazine

"Flight Magazine is St. Edward High School's annual literary and creative arts magazine. We are in production for Volume 69 to be printed in the Spring.  If you are a writer, poet, playwright, screenwriter, artist, painter, sculptor, digital illustrator, or photographer, consider sending high-res photos of your work or editable files to Mr. Urban at mur...@sehs.net for consideration for publication.  Let your work take FLIGHT!"

Varsity Soccer Playoff Game

"Students, come out to support the Varsity Soccer Team, as they take on Medina in the District Semifinals.  The game is at Medina HS on Wednesday at 6:00pm.  Tickets can be purchased through the OHSAA website: https://www.ohsaa.org/tickets.  Be there and be loud so we can advance to a District Final on Saturday!"

Faith Fridays

Join us for our next Faith Friday discussion, this Friday during community period in the Kahl board room! Come for a great discussion and get some lunch!