Pack 195 Fall 2020 Food Drive

1 view

Peter Kostik

Nov 19, 2020, 11:41:41 AM11/19/20
to par...@scoutpack195nj.com, announ...@scoutpack195nj.com
📣Hello Pack 195 📣

as in many years prior, our Pack will participate in the Fall Food Drive, benefiting our local Franklin Food Bank. This year, as no other, has created a ton of extra challenges for the less fortunate families in our neighborhoods, so the need is so much more urgent. On top of that, the whole COVID situation is resulting in food donations being more difficult, due to health/safety concerns of all involved, which means that we will have to adapt in how we give.

We currently have 2 choices, we were able to work out with the foodbank.

1) Virtual Food Drive - where we ask the Pack families (and their families and friends) to donate $$$. To put it in their own words "The theory behind this is, we can get with $1 what you can get for $3 so sometimes it is better for the community to collect funds that we can then spend on what we need to buy. This is also the safest option at this time."

For 1) please use the exclusive P195 page, the foodbank created for us (please also share the link with your friends over social media):

2) "Peanut butter and Jelly" Food Drive - just for the Pack 195, the food bank is allowing us to do a limited food drive, where we would collect only these 2 items (hopefully in larger quantities). In this campaign, please collect the items in your home, and we will communicate where they could be dropped off at a later time (will try to work out a physical drop-box somewhere at St. Matthias campus for us).

We are asking the Pack 195 families and friends to participate in one of these ways (or both, ideally🙂) to give back. The end date for both will be Wednesday December 9th (mark your calendars), at what point we will figure out a way to deliver the items from 2) to the foodbank on Thu Dec 10th.

If you'd like to take a picture of your scout(s), with the donation items they collected (or any other Cub Scout related picture), please either email it, or share it with pi...@scoutpack195nj.com account. These would be used in our Pack Album later.

Thanks,
Peter Kostik
P195 Webelo Den Leader

Peter Kostik

Dec 14, 2020, 10:11:49 AM12/14/20
to par...@scoutpack195nj.com, announ...@scoutpack195nj.com
Hello P195,

Can you please include Franklin Food Bank in your end of year giving? Please support our virtual food drive at:

(click on Donate button)

Also, for our PB&J food drive, if you choose to participate this way as well, can you please bring your times next Monday Dec 21st between 7-8pm - our usual Pack 195 meeting time to the St. Matthias School? We will have someone there by the Cafeteria entrance with a donation box. The items will then be brought to FFB on Tuesday Dec 22nd.

Thanks for your generosity.
Peter Kostik

Peter Kostik

Dec 20, 2020, 9:45:26 PM12/20/20
to par...@scoutpack195nj.com, announ...@scoutpack195nj.com
Final reminder, if you have any PB&J you want to donate to Franklin Food Bank, please bring it to St. Matthias School cafeteria entrance tomorrow Mon Dec 21st btw 7-7:30pm. Thanks.