HTCondor / SciTokens updates

Brian Bockelman

Mar 8, 2019, 10:59:31 AM3/8/19
to SciTokens Discussion
Hi all,

The HTCondor team has been cooking up a few nice improvements to the file transfer subsystem.  A few are directly applicable to SciTokens!

In particular:
1.  You can now use file transfer plugins for output files.
2.  You can now specify the credential to use for the HTTPS transfer.

The second item is precisely what we discussed in January -- prefix the URL's scheme with the token name.  So, transferring via HTTPS with a scitoken would be done using "scitokens+https://".  I was able to test this by combining HTCondor, scitokens-credmon, and xrootd.

Here's an example submit file:

Executable = test.sh

Arguments = 5

Universe = vanilla