Sunday school workshop this Sunday

Vido V.

May 13, 2022, 12:37:43 PM5/13/22
to a...@samichael.org
Dear Parishioners and Friends!

I am forwarding to you an email from our Sunday school!

The two Sunday Schools from Saratoga and Moraga teamed up again to create a beautiful workshop for our children.
Please support our Sunday school and sign up your child for the workshop and support a good cause. A lot of people in Serbia are not so fortunate like we here in the U.S. with good health care.
Please support and help if you can!

Fr. Vido

Драги парохијани!

Наше две Недељне школе из Саратоге и Мораге организују за крај школске године једну дивну радионицу за нашу децу, на тему ”Знамените жене Србије”. Уз ову радионицу и крај године ће бити организована хуманитарна акција за организацију ”Жена уз жену”. Молим вас подржите ову акцију, јер су многе наше жене у Србији у доста тешкој ситуацији да добију превентивну негу за њихово здравље. Хвала унапред!

о. Видо

Dear families,

Just a friendly reminder of our last day of school with a humanitarian event on May 15. Sign here if you are joining us for the workshop and lunch. And click here to support the organization from Serbia "Woman to Woman" that helps women that are fighting breast cancer.
.
.
.
In Serbia, breast cancer takes more than 1,600 lives a year, and every year, over 4,000 new cases have been registered. Women under the age of 50 are increasingly among new breast cancer patients.

The Association for Education, Prevention and Support of Breast Cancer Patients "Woman to Woman" was founded in Serbia on April 21, 2020. It originated from a personal struggle with cancer that Ana Dornik, one of the founders of this Association, went through.

Ana Dornik leads the organization and searches for different ways to support women with breast cancer. Ana collaborates with doctors and other experts in this field and offers free education and advice to women fighting cancer. The organization often gives free expensive supplements, vouchers for treatments, and other helpful gifts. The organization, through various activities, connects these women and supports them in fighting this dangerous disease.

One of the big projects of this Association was the caravan "Be Brave" that traveled around Serbia in October 2021 and March 2022 to provide free ultrasound examinations of breasts and thus invite women to early screening, which is a first step in fighting breast cancer. Renting an ultrasound and providing a doctor who will travel with a caravan for a whole month is very expensive. Just the Caravan project alone costs around 30.000 euros. Ana is planning one more caravan and plenty of other activities that will offer free support to women to prevent and fight breast cancer. Since the organization exists thanks to donors and sponsors, we invite you to support this organization as any amount you can donate will be used to give these women support and a smile back on their faces.

Ana recently got a lifetime achievement award for her work! You can find more on the Instagram pages @udruzenjezenauzzenu  and @ zenauzzenu and on their website https://zenauzzenu.rs/. Also, check this commercial we uploaded  that International health partnered with Ana Dornik and other women from the organization "Woman to Woman."

With love,
St. Sava Serbian Sunday School Saratoga & Holy Trinity Serbian Sunday School Moraga

png_20220504_121752_0000.pngpng_20220504_164841_0000.png