Fwd: Sad news about a member of our Sunday School Community

Chris Milosovich

Sep 2, 2021, 1:55:34 AM9/2/21
to List Parish
Dear Brothers and Sisters -  Please see the sad message below and consider helping as you are able.  Memory Eternal.

Dear Friends,

With great sadness, we are sharing that we lost a member of our Sunday School community, Patrick More. Patrick was a father of Sasha and Sofia Rakicevic-More, whom a lot of you know as our Sunday School students and volunteers. Most of you know Bisera Rakicevic-More, Patrick’s wife, who has been a dedicated volunteer in our Sunday School for 16 years!

Earlier this summer, Patrick was diagnosed with a very aggressive stomach cancer, and he passed away less than two months later, just as Sofia and Sasha are starting their second year at college. Sasha is a student at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn and Sofia in Oberlin College in Ohio. As a family of four in Palo Alto, it was never easy making ends meet, but Patrick's number one concern was that Sasha and Sofia be able to attend college without taking on the crippling debt that he, like so many others in our country, had struggled with after college.

This is understandably a very difficult time for Bisera, Sasha and Sofia, who sadly, just days after Patrick died, lost Bisera's father, Sofia and Sasha's grandfather, as well. As a way to support them, we hope to ease the burden of paying for college and wanted to share this GoFundMe, and ask our community to help. No amount is too little -- and a share of this campaign, in addition to giving, is so very much appreciated.

IMG_4662.jpg

With love,
Sunday School Board

--
                             Image result for children drawing

stsava...@gmail.com
http://samichael.org/school-home-schoolmenu-13

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient are prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.