Christ is Risen! Hristos Voskrese!

Slobodan Jovic

Apr 28, 2021, 12:36:31 PM4/28/21
to a...@samichael.org

 EASTER SUNDAY – VASKRSENJE HRISTOVO

Divine Liturgy 10 A.M.

Epistle: Acts 1:1-8

Gospel: John 1:1-17

HOLY WEEK AND EASTER SCHEDULE

April 29

Great Thursday

Divine Liturgy 8 AM

Vigil – Reading of Passions Gospels 6 PM

April 30

Good Friday

Vespers & Procession with Plastanica 6 PM

May 1

Great Saturday

Divine Liturgy 8 AM

May 2

Resurrection of our Lord – Easter

Divine Liturgy 10 AM

Banquet to Go after Divine Liturgy

May 3

Bright Monday

Divine Liturgy 8 AM

May 4

Bright Tuesday

Divine Liturgy 8 AM

May 6

St George

Divine Liturgy 8 AM

Christ is risen - Indeed He is risen!
Hristos Vaskrse - Vaistinu vaskrse!

To all faithful Parishioners of our St. Arch. Michael Serbian Orthodox Church we greet you on this most joyful Christian feast of the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ with faith and anticipation for the resurrection of the whole world from these days of Corona pandemic.

May the Paschal holidays be to everyone for their salvation and spiritual growth so that we may in Christian love, ourselves witness the Risen Lord Jesus Christ.

In Risen Lord yours,

Fr. Slobodan and Church Board

Svim vermim parohijanima nase Crkve Svetog Arhangela Mihaila cestitamo najradosniji hriscanski Praznik Vaskrsenja Gospoda naseg Isusa Hrista sa verom i nadom u vaskrsenje celog sveta u dane ove velikog problema sa virusom korona.

Neka Pashalni Praznik bude svima na spasenje i duhovni rast, tako da mozemo u hriscanskoj ljubavi i mi da posvedocimo da je zaista Vaskrsao Gospod nas Isus Hristos.

U Vaskrslom Gospodu vasi,

o. Slobodan i Crkvena Uprava

Epistle Reader: MILAN GRBOVIC

ALTAR BOYS:   Milos Nikolic, Milan Grbovic

EASTER BANQUET TO-GO AFTER DIVINE LITURGY

Lunch sponsors for the following Sundays:

May 2 Resurrection of Our Lord

May 9

May 16

May 23

May 30

If anyone would like to sponsor lunch for any Sunday, please call Fr. Slobodan at 408-867-4876 to put you on the list and for the Church announcement.  Sponsorship can be done by a family donating $300, to partially cover the cost of food and preparation.

It has been a tradition that we have sponsors for Easter Banquet. In order to sponsor this Event we have suggested donation of $500.00 per family. If you wish to be a sponsor let Fr. Slobodan to know. Your name will be appropriately announced and displayed. Thank you!

Sponsors:

Alicia & William Davidovich,  Eli and Mary Bogdanovich, Peggy & Chris Milosovich, Georgine P. Boucher, ___________.

SUNDAY AND WEEKLY ACTIVITIES:  No Church School Activities on Easter Sunday

Church School is in session since September 13,  ‘On Line Only’ until further notice.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

If you cannot participate, please watch live broadcasting of our Divine Liturgy this coming Sunday 10 AM at: https://www.youtube.com/c/starchangelmichael.

May God's blessing be upon you all!

In Christ, Fr. Slobodan

 CALENDAR OF THE EVENTS:

May 30th         Last Liturgy of Fr. S. Jovic (retirement)

EPISTLE READING

Acts 1:1-8

The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,” He said, “you have heard from Me; for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”  Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”  And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.  But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

GOSPEL READING

John 1:1-17

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.  This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe.  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.  That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.  He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.  He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.  But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.  And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ ” And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

****

LET US HELP THE BUILDING OF OUR NEW CHURCH!  THIS IS ONCE IN A LIFE TIME OPPORTUNITY.

POMOZIMO GRADNJU NAŠE NOVE CRKVE!  OVO JE JEDINSTVENA PRILIKA U ŽIVOTU DA POKAŽEMO DA SMO VREDNI NAŠIH SVETIH PREDAKA.

Ko Crkvi daje Bogu pozajmljuje – a Bog nikom dužan ne ostaje!   (Narodna Poslovica)