Bishop Maxim´s visit tomorrow - Sunday June 13th Bulletin

frVido

Jun 12, 2021, 12:41:40 PM6/12/21
to a...@samichael.org

St. Archangel Michael Serbian Orthodox Church

18870 Allendale Avenue
Saratoga, California 95070
V. Rev.  Fr. Vidoslav Vujasin , Parish Priest
View this email in your browser

SUNDAY, JUNE 13, 2021

SEVENTH SUNDAY OF PASCHA: THE HOLY FATHERS OF THE FIRST ECUMENICAL COUNCIL; THE HOLY APOSTLE HERMAS OF THE SEVENTY; THE HOLY MARTYR HERMIAS

RESURRECTIONAL TROPARION - TONE SIX:
The angelic powers were at Thy tomb; the guards became as dead men. Mary stood by Thy grave, seeking Thy most pure Body. Thou didst capture hell, not being tempted by it. Thou didst come to the Virgin, granting life. O Lord who didst rise from the dead: Glory to Thee!

ASCENSION TROPARION - TONE FOUR:
Thou hast ascended in glory, O Christ our God, granting joy to Thy disciples by the promise of the Holy Spirit. Through the blessing they were assured that Thou art the Son of God, the Redeemer of the world!

TROPARION TO THE HOLY FATHERS - TONE EIGHT:
You are most glorious, O Christ our God! You have established the Holy Fathers as lights on the earth! Through them You have guided us to the true faith! O greatly Compassionate One, glory to You!

TROPARION TO THE HOLY APOSTLE HERMAS – TONE THREE:
Holy Apostle Hermas, entreat the merciful God, to grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.

RESURRECTIONAL KONTAKION - TONE SIX:
When Christ God, the Giver of Life, raised all of the dead from the valleys of misery with His mighty hand, He bestowed resurrection on the human race. He is the Savior of all, the Resurrection, the Life, and God of all.

KONTAKION TO THE HOLY FATHERS - TONE EIGHT:
The Apostles’ preaching and the Fathers’ doctrines have established one faith for the Church. Adorned with the robe of truth, woven from heavenly theology; it defines and glorifies the great mystery of piety.

ASCENSION KONTAKION - TONE SIX:
When Thou didst fulfill the dispensation for our sake, and unite earth to heaven: Thou didst ascend in glory, O Christ our God, not being parted from those who love Thee, but remaining with them and crying: I am with you and no one will be against you!

INSTEAD OF “IT IS TRULY MEET…†:
Magnify, O my soul, Christ the Giver of Life, who has ascended from earth to heaven! We magnify you, the Mother of God, who beyond reason and understanding gave birth in time to the Timeless One!

INSTEAD OF “WE HAVE SEEN THE TRUE LIGHT…†:
ASCENSION TROPARION - TONE FOUR:
Thou hast ascended in glory, O Christ our God, granting joy to Thy disciples by the promise of the Holy Spirit. Through the blessing, they were assured that Thou art the Son of God, the Redeemer of the world!

EPISTLE READING

THE PROKEIMENON IN TONE FOUR:
Blessed are You, O Lord God of our Fathers, and praised and glorified is Your name forever!

ACTS 20: 16-18, 28-36
In those days, it happened that Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he would not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hurrying to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the Day of Pentecost. From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called for the elders of the church. And when they had come to him, he said to them, “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, in what manner I always lived among you; therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves. Therefore watch, and remember that for three years I did not cease to warn everyone night and day with tears. So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel. Yes, you yourselves know that these hands have provided for my necessities, and for those who were with me. I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’† And when he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all.

THE ALLELUIA VERSES:
The Lord, the God of gods, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting! Gather to me my venerable ones, who made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

GOSPEL READING

JOHN 17: 1-13
At that time, Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me. I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.â€

PLEASE JOIN US TOMORROW!

Our beloved Bishop Maxim is visiting our Saratoga parish on this upcoming
Sunday, June 13th at 10 AM.
Please join the Hierarchical Divine Liturgy, and come with your children to receive the blessing
of our Diocesan Bishop.

SUNDAY LUNCH SPONSORS

On Sunday 13th the lunch will be sponsored by our parishioners:
Marko and Zana DUCHICH in memory of their parents.

Last Sunday the lunch was graciously sponsored by
Sanja and Robert PESICH in memory of Sanja´s aunts Mirjana Spasic and Nadezda Perkovic.

We thank all previous sponsors for their generosity and ask all parishioners to consider to become Lunch sponsors in memory of your beloved ones.

If anyone would like to sponsor lunch for any Sunday, please e-mail, call or text Fr. Vido at ( 503)-734-0550 to put you on the list and for the Church announcement.
Sponsorship can be done by a family donating $300, to partially cover the cost of food and preparation.
Thank you!