How to build an update process url to call it through ajax

sivak...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2013, 5:29:39 PM11/4/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I need to update a process through an ajax call and I have some doubt on how to build the process url.

Currently, this is how I am doing. Can you please confirm whether this is fine?

https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/${P_customer}/appli/86309/state/1?instance=${P_document.id}&P_version=&P_mode=${P_mode}

Thank you.

Regards,
Siva

Sabine El Rassy

Nov 5, 2013, 6:24:56 AM11/5/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Siva,

What are you trying to update exactly? the P_computed parameters? If yes, the following url provides you all of the initial, computed and internal parameters

Regards,

Sabine EL RASSY

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sivak...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 9:11:54 AM11/5/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sabine,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am trying to UPDATE the P_computed variable. The URL I have now is working fine. I will also try document/${P_request} format.

Thank you.

Regards,
Siva

Sabine El Rassy

Nov 5, 2013, 9:45:35 AM11/5/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Siva,

The url you've provided is the url of a Manual Task.
If you want to update the P_computed, you need to get the execution path of the process, get the computed parameters, modifiy the computed parameters and repost your request.
You can find in our library the needed connectors that are preconfigured to help you achieve what you're trying to do.

Go to Libraries=> Connectors=> RunMyProcess - Secured Connection (Provider) => import the Get details of a process instance and the Modify process request instance connectors.

Regards,

Sabine EL RASSY

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,
Siva

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sivak...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2013, 3:40:33 PM11/5/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sabine,

Thanks for your response.

I just went through the description of those connectors and it looks like I need to send the entire data - all computed, execution path and the internal parameters. I will try this.

But it will be better if I can just send one p_computed variable instead of sending all the data. Also I assume that this connector can be called by anyone who does not owns the web-interface of the process at the invocation time.

Regards,
Siva

Sabine El Rassy

Nov 6, 2013, 4:20:03 AM11/6/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Siva,

Yes indeed you must resend all of the P_computed. If you only send one variable, you'll loose all of the other variables.
You can modify the values of the P_computed if you are a supervisor on the project containing the process, of if the task is assigned to you.

Regards