Parallel, but optional processes.

var...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 10:29:11 AM6/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
How to deal with parallel, but optional processes.

If you have a sequential process in which decisions could be approved or rejected one by one, you can, at the end, join all those decisions and have a value for end input line coming into the AND or OR gate.

Another option would be parallel tasks, which ALL would be approved or rejected. That would also work just a AND gate, waiting for all of the decisions to be approved.

But my issue is that I have parallel tasks which will are ending in a JOIN gate but some processes are mandatory and some are not, so at the end I have some lines getting into the gate that are not define because a decision was never made.

var...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 6:59:31 PM6/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, var...@gmail.com
I didn't mean optional processes but not necessarily mandatory. It would be an approval sequence but with parallel deciders depending on some conditions. Each person would approve a part of the form. It could be approved by two, three, four or five people, depending on some conditions.

At the end I currently have a JOIN gate but as I was explaining, currently I would need to approve either ALL of ONE of the conditions, but I don't know how to approve SOME of the conditions, depending if the person if participating on the decision or not. If not, it will not receive an email and won't have to participate on the decision workflow.

Sushma Padidela

Jun 15, 2015, 8:16:07 PM6/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, var...@gmail.com
Hi Gregory,

There is a Connector in the library under RunMyProcess Secured Connection, Validate a Manual task. You can import into your project you are working.
​This connector can be used from Process, like attached screenshot.
In this case, task1 and task2 will be open at the same time, and if user complete task2 then task1 will be completed systematically and branch will close at AND join.

Inline image 1

The Connector call can pass variables.
You can send something like
{"status":"cancelled"}
to record that this branch was canceled - from "business" standpoint. From "system" standpoint, it was completed (=green).

If you want to check if a manual task is mandatory or optional then you can also have a split/Ex-or branch in front of each manual task and write a condition inside it to see if that task needs to be done or to be skipped and follow other path.

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

var...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 8:32:04 PM6/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, var...@gmail.com
Hi, thanks for the answer, but I'm still confused.

There are a number of deciders depending on the conditions, is not only one person: if a condition is standard it does not have to be approved by the manager. So there are many deciders, depending if a condition is standard or not: finance, post-sales, implementation, CEO, etc... I'm attaching a screenshot, each if those vertical lines go to a different person who has to take (or not) a decision and then it all goes to a join at the end, the join must be able to validate SOME of the processes in which a decision was made: it could be from 1 person to 5.

On Monday, June 15, 2015 at 8:16:07 PM UTC-4, Sushma Padidela wrote:
> Hi Gregory,
>

> There is a Connector in the library under RunMyProcess Secured Connection, Validate a Manual task. You can import into your project you are working.
> ​This connector can be used from Process, like attached screenshot.
> In this case, task1 and task2 will be open at the same time, and if user complete task2 then task1 will be completed systematically and branch will close at AND join.

Capture.JPG

Sushma Padidela

Jun 15, 2015, 10:09:28 PM6/15/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, var...@gmail.com
Hi,

I think from what i understood you are trying to achieve something like attached screenshot. Please check and relate to your scenario. Initially the parallel branches are launched depending on some condition. and after that you need to check if the condition selected is "standard" or not. If standard skip Manager task. If not perform Manager task. and finally they all join with an AND.

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

2015-06-15 19_03_16-RunMyProcess.png