Access rights

sagar....@flowian.com

Dec 28, 2014, 11:58:26 PM12/28/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Team,

I want to know more about the "access rights" in RMP.

I have added all my user roles in the "Supervisor" access right.

But when I check the "Access Rights" in the RMP documentation, the "Supervisor" has access "none" for "webinterface" and "process". So I change my mind and want to add all the roles to the "user" access right.

But then I found that I couldn't remove the roles from the "supervisor" access.

So my question is that how can we revoke access "supervisor" and grant it to "User" for all the roles.

Or If the Roles are has both access "Supervisor" and "User" what will be the impact on project.

Kind Regards,
Sagar

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 29, 2014, 2:35:30 AM12/29/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Sagar Wadekar
Hi Sagar,

Drag/drop feature to remove the role in Project Access Right tab is not provided.

For removing the role, you can use the "delete" key. select the role and press the "delete" key.

If the Roles have both access "Supervisor" and "User", Higher access will get preference suppose if "user" have read access and "Supervisor" have "Read/Write" so "Read/Write" permission will be available to the user.

Thanks & Regards,
Pankaj Kumar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Dec 29, 2014, 2:44:47 AM12/29/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Pankaj,

Thanks you.

Thanks and Regards,
Sagar

jess...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2015, 4:28:33 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Thanks for your replies,

I have a new question:

In Access right type there are an list with differents roles, Designer, Supervisor, User Translator and Observer. I don't know difference between them.

In this link: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/User_Guide/Development_Environment/Toolbox/Projects/Project_Rights_Tab are defined only, Designer, Supervisor and User. But I don't agree, like supervisor I can modify parameters the projects, and I can'tlaunch process.

I need some help

Thanks and regards,

Jessica

Shobhit Tripathi

Mar 16, 2015, 4:52:25 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

To know about the difference between User/Translator/Supervisor. Please refer this link: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/User_Guide/Development_Environment/Toolbox/Projects/Project_Rights_Tab

As per your second query could you please confirm us in which "Mode"  you are testing and how you are testing ?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

jessi mj

Mar 16, 2015, 4:53:47 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
In acceptance mode.

Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

jessi mj

Mar 16, 2015, 5:10:27 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

​one nore thing,

In Access right type there are an list with differents roles, Designer, Supervisor, User Translator and Observer. I don't know difference between them. In this link: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/User_Guide/Development_Environment/Toolbox/Projects/Project_Rights_Tab  are defined only, Designer, Supervisor and User. So are not defined Translator and neither Observer.

Thanks

Jessica

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Shobhit Tripathi

Mar 16, 2015, 6:48:20 AM3/16/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jessi,

As those are newly added feature and for this document is not updated yet. Once it will update we will let you know.

You can refer the below link, where you can get clear idea for what purpose and where we can use those "Translator/Observer".

Please let us know if are having any doubt.

jessi mj

Pray Desai

Mar 17, 2015, 4:34:46 PM3/17/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, jess...@gmail.com
Hi Jessi,

The difference between User, Supervisor, Observor is their different access rights for different RMP resources such as projects versioning, process executions, files and collection access etc and in different project modes - TEST and LIVE/ACCEPTANCE.

All these access rights are defined seperately for each RMP resources as listed in our documentation here :

To give you an overview, I am listing their most common use cases below :

1. Designer -> Developers who can create projects, version them, design process, Webinterfaces, reportts etc., launch processes in TEST but are not authorized to launch them in LIVE mode.

2. User -> The end users authorized to launch process (like submit from Web Interface) and take part in process like validate tasks in LIVE mode and ACCEPTANCE mode but based on the acceptance users list.

3. Observer -> The users who are authorized to view (read-only) all web interface instances from reports. So incase if your process has tasks in different swimlanes (roles) and you want previous approvers to view their approved tasks and current task is in a different swimlane where they are not authorized user in the role, then you need to give them Observer access rights. (such as opening a manual task link from email or report after your task has been completed will give 403 forbidden error if you are not authorized user in next swimlanes of your process).
So managers who want to see report of all tasks then you need to give observer rights.
They can also view all files and new release feature allows them to add comments in history widget if it is selected from web interface implementation tab.
They cannot configure any report and cannot view process reports.

4. Supervisor -> The users have more access rights than Observor (superset of Observor) like viewing process reports to see all process instances along with web interface reports + configure them. They can also write data to collection even if collection is marked as read-only.

5. Translator -> (Only use this if you need your web interfaces in multiple languages) Users who can write logical dictionaries for translation.

And if the profile is ADMINISTRATOR, he can see all project resources even if he doesnt have User access rights of that project. If the profile is USER, then he can only see project resources where he has User access rights.

As mentioned earlier, these are the most common cases and there are many more cases for which you can refer to our documentation link

You can also check User Restriction and Profile in below link :

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.