Problem while reading docx, pdf file

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 20, 2015, 1:15:58 AM2/20/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Team,

I am reading contents of the uploaded files in RMP using function "file_content(fileId, algorithm, charset)". But I found that some file types such as "docx","pdf" are not get read by this function.

And when I try to read docx and PDF file my process report shows "black spot" on the activity.

Can anyone please help me in this.

Regards,
Sagar

Sushma Padidela

Feb 20, 2015, 1:49:13 PM2/20/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Sagar Wadekar
Hi Sagar,

You cannot read the file contents of binary files in general.

So the function file_content() reads only text based formats like XML, HTML, TXT, etc.

PDF and docx, xlsx, png, jpg, mov these are binary files and cannot be read.

Thanks,
Sushma
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 22, 2015, 11:51:21 PM2/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Sushma,

Is the following possible.

When we upload a file in RMP, rmp may get file in binary format. So can we directly fetch that file in binary format when it uploads.

I don't know whether it is possible or not.

Regards,
Sagar

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 23, 2015, 12:49:48 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Sagar Wadekar
Hi Sagar,

We do not get the question, Please describe more or give a scenario what you are trying to implementing.

Do you want to access the binary data of the file or something else?

Thanks & Regards,
Pankaj Kumar

Regards,
Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 23, 2015, 1:10:38 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Pankaj,

My requirement is I want file(file content) in binary format. But since it is not possible to convert file contents in binary format, Is there any other way to get file in binary format.

One of the way is - Directly get file in binary format from RMP, as it is get by RMP(Assuming that When file uploaded in RMP, RMP receives it in binary format)

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 23, 2015, 7:24:27 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Pankaj,

Can I get access to the file data stored in RMP in binary format.

Regards,
Sagar

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 23, 2015, 8:16:33 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Sagar Wadekar
Hi Sagar,

you can access the uploaded file in RMP, all files are stored in the binary format.

if you access the link

From browser, it will download the file in tour local machine, its still in the binary format, but you use specific application to view the content of the file i.e. Office for xls file, if you do not have a office or any other software on your machine to view the file, you will not able to access the content of the file.

For simple file i.e. .txt, .csv, .js file, in RMP you can use the file_content method of freemarker to view the content of the file in String format.

For complex file i.e. .xls, .docx, .class, .jpg, this method does not support.

your query:- You can access the binary data though you can not view the content of file correctly, you will need an application or an API for manipulation of the file.
You can access the binary data in the Web Interface through java script and you will be needed an API to work on xls modification or viewing the content of the file. similar to java where we pass the binary data of xls and use the Apache POI API for the manipulation of the file pragmatically.

Kindly let me know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Pankaj Kumar

Regards,
Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 23, 2015, 8:47:54 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you very much.

But one more doubt is that this API call to to read file in binary from RMP will count as one API call.

Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Feb 23, 2015, 8:53:51 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

Yes it will count as one API call for each request (if you calling any API from RMP to any other server or vice-versa).

Thanks and Regards,
Shobhit

Regards,
Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit
Fujitsu- RunMyProcess

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 23, 2015, 9:00:17 AM2/23/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobhit,

Thanks.

But this call to read content of file in binary format is From "RMP" to "RMP".

Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Feb 24, 2015, 12:35:00 AM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

Sorry for delay.

If you are calling the RMP resource from within RMP i.e ( RMP connector "live.runmyprocess.com/xxx"),it will count but not add any extra charge for this.(exclude CAPI).

Best Regards,
Shobhit

Regards,
Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 24, 2015, 12:41:43 AM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com
Hi Pankaj and Shobhit,

Good Morning

The above API is working fine in the browser which will give me file as it is when i opened it using some application(eg. ms-word ..etc).

But when I call the above API in my process using connector, there is nothing in P_result parameter.( My provider for connector is without any authentication)

I want to tell you that I want that binary data of the file in variable.

Regards,
Sagar

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 24, 2015, 5:42:46 AM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, sagar....@flowian.com

Hi Pankaj,

Any update on the above post.

Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Feb 24, 2015, 6:21:30 AM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

Could you please confirm us whether you connector's computed result will be success (i.e. status: 200 OK) or not?

You can also use the configuration part carefully. Sometimes this will be creates problem.

Kindly check, their is one connector in the RunMyProcess library for this.

"Provider Name": "RunMyProcess- Secured Connection"
Connector: "Get the content of a file previously uploaded on RunMyProcess"

Please check with this configuration of Provider and connector and will you be able to get the desired result.

Let us know if you have any query on this.

If you still having the same problem kindly share the screenshot of error/configuration for your connector to resolve your issue quickly.

Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit

Regards,
Sagar

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

sagar....@flowian.com

Feb 24, 2015, 7:03:55 AM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Shobhit,

I have made my configuration as per the connector in the Library you suggested--

"Provider Name": "RunMyProcess- Secured Connection"
Connector: "Get the content of a file previously uploaded on RunMyProcess"

Now I got a result in my "P_result" parameter but it is not what I expected.

The result I got is like this.

{"name":"simplehomepage.css","URL":"https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/111111111111111/upload/d3931a90-9bd5-11e4-a7c5-123139225512/simplehomepage.css","file":"d3931a90-9bd5-11e4-a7c5-123139225512"}

Which is not expected.

I want the content of the file in binary format.

Should I change the "result type" to "File"? or anything other need to be done.

Regards,
Sagar

Shobhit Tripathi

Feb 24, 2015, 3:06:08 PM2/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sagar,

You cannot read contents of binary file.

You have to use external API(outside RMP) to convert file content into binary.

You can also use Google drive to read it by API (if file is changed to text-based, or Google-doc).

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,
Shobhit

Regards,