Source and destination emails using simple process.

newbie

Jan 30, 2014, 2:31:33 PM1/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I'm just wondering ,why every time I test a web interface it is sent by a user that it's not assigned into the configure options.

An image about the process and other one about the source of the email are attached.

I mean how could I know who is "${P_user.login}"? and how could I change it?

Thanks.

Simple process map.PNG
email source configuration.PNG

maybeg...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2014, 4:43:05 PM1/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com

Sorry it was an issue with the mail provider "google apps mail server", it has another account configure.

It's solve.

thoshino

Jan 30, 2014, 4:52:37 PM1/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi,

Glad you could solve the problem!

Here is the explanation for reference:

Gmail's SMTP server will send email from the login/password address passed with the SMTP protocol.
On RunMyProcess, this login/password is configured in Provider.

In process Activity box, you _can_ write ${P_initiator.login} or any other email address, but this will be ignored by the Google SMTP server. So it is no use to do it here, for Gmail.

BTW, ${P_initiator.login} is the user who submitted the request (person who started the process instance)'s login (=email address).

Best regards,

Taka