Autosave form data silently

somesh.m...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2013, 6:02:50 PM8/9/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee, s.venka...@ieee.org
Hi,

We have a need in the project to save the Web Interface data from time to time and we could find this tutorial which almost does the work for us:

https://sites.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/user-guide-runmyprocess/3---developer-guide/web-interface/js-codes/create-an-autosave-button

But we need to be able to save the data without showing a pop up message or reloading/redirecting (the form/document save needs to happen silently). We tried the RMPApplication.setVariable(), but as described in your user guide the API would only set the variables in the client side.

Is there a way we can override the onclick of a "Save Document" RMP button to just save the Web Interface data server side (and capture the data into process scope) and skip the defined behavior?

Thanks!

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 9, 2013, 6:21:23 PM8/9/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, somesh. mukherjee, s.venka...@ieee.org
Hi,

You were right to follow the autosave button tutorial.
If you don't want any message do be displayed, just choose "Redirect" as the On click option of the button and just leave the Url field empty. Automatic save will then be "silent".

Regards,

Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
22 rue Chauchat, 75009 Paris - France (GMT+1)

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

somesh.m...@gmail.com