CSV Export via Report Grid - No Quotes Around Strings

rode...@roderickforsythe.com

Aug 26, 2014, 10:34:24 AM8/26/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,

When exporting reports where data elements are free-form text fields with line feeds (\n) - the export to CSV is not readable. How can I create a CSV from a reports (or directly from a collection) where I can create a safe CSV?

Thanks!

Shobhit Tripathi

Aug 27, 2014, 5:00:43 AM8/27/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

For creating a CSV from collection you need to follow below steps:

1. First of all you have call all the value from collection which you need to save in csv file. Below is the link to do that:
    http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Collection/Collection_JS_Freemarker#list-objects_1

2. Now you have to convert above (which is in JSON format) records into CSV format, please find attached file (JSON to CSV.txt).

3. After that you have to use create_file function for creating a file. Refer this link:
    http://docs.runmyprocess.com/API_Reference/FM/File.html#create_file

4. Finally you should use update_file function in which you are giving the extension of your file (.csv) refer below link:
    http://docs.runmyprocess.com/API_Reference/FM/File.html#update_file

Please find attached screenshot where I mentioned each point.

If you still facing any problem, then feel free to ask.

Thanks & Regards,
Shobhit

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess