Excel to collection

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 12:24:34 PM8/30/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Is it possible to move the uploaded excel data to collections in RMP?

Uploading the excel through RMP upload widget and trying to push the excel data to collections

Thanks

Sabine El Rassy

Aug 30, 2013, 1:12:36 PM8/30/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Nagasai,

Of course you can, you need to save your excel file as a '.CSV'. Then, after uploading the file you can use the function:
${import_objects("your_uploaded_file_id","name_of_your_collection", ",","true")}

For more details on this function, click here.

Regards,

Sabine

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 4:53:06 PM8/30/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sabine,

I tried with the above mentioned function but it is throwing error as shown in the attachment with the full WI details.

Please help me on this issue.

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 4:58:27 PM8/30/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, bestfri...@gmail.com
sorry forgot to attach the screenshots
RMP.doc

Sabine El Rassy

Aug 30, 2013, 5:28:56 PM8/30/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, Nagasai aytha

Hello Nagasai,

The import_objects is a freemarker method executed on the server side. So you need to use it within your process after submitting the form.

If you need to add data before submitting, you need to create a composite api or a process that executes this code. Then, you can will connect your api/process to your web interface by configuring the 'API listener' tab in your web interface.

Here's a link on how to configure a composite API.

Regards,

Sabine

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 9:42:17 PM8/30/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nagasai aytha

Hi Sabine,

I am trying to display it after submitting the form without use of composite API.

Could you please help me how to achieve that ?

Thanks

Sabine El Rassy

Aug 31, 2013, 4:49:14 AM8/31/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum, Nagasai aytha
Hello Nagasai,

Here's a screenshot:
Inline image 2
Regards,

Sabine
image.png

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 31, 2013, 10:16:04 AM8/31/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nagasai aytha
Hi,

As your file has been uploaded through the file upload widget, you have to use ${import_objects(file[0].id,"testcsv", ",", "true")}, considering that file is the variable linked to your file upload widget, and that you've uploaded only one file in the widget, testcsv the name of your collection (col_testcsv format is only to be used in web interfaces, not in processes), , is, as mentionned by Sabine, the column separator that you're using in your csv file (you could also use semi-colons or tabulations for example) and finally true means that you want to drop the content of your collection before inserting the content of the file in it (you can then put false instead if you want to keep the content).

Regards,

Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
22 rue Chauchat, 75009 Paris - France (GMT+1)

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

2013/8/31 Sabine El Rassy <selr...@runmyprocess.com>

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

image.png

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2013, 10:28:04 PM8/31/13
On Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:16:04 AM UTC-4, Gareth Thiveux wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As your file has been uploaded through the file upload widget, you have to use ${import_objects(file[0].id,"testcsv", ",", "true")}, considering that file is the variable linked to your file upload widget, and that you've uploaded only one file in the widget, testcsv the name of your collection (col_testcsv format is only to be used in web interfaces, not in processes), , is, as mentionned by Sabine, the column separator that you're using in your csv file (you could also use semi-colons or tabulations for example) and finally true means that you want to drop the content of your collection before inserting the content of the file in it (you can then put false instead if you want to keep the content).
>

> Regards,
>

> Gareth THIVEUX
>

> Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente
>

>  Fujitsu RunMyProcess
>

> 22 rue Chauchat, 75009 Paris - France (GMT+1)
>

> website : Fujitsu RunMyProcess

> Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace
>

> Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
>

> Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.
>

> 2013/8/31 Sabine El Rassy <selr...@runmyprocess.com>
>

> Hello Nagasai,
>

> Here's a screenshot:
>

> Regards,
>

> Sabine
>

> --
>
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
>
> ---

> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/group/supportforum/.
>
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/d/msgid/supportforum/CAHWwz%3Dqjqq_FPYGxzhtw6bxR%3DW4wVwekPQJXYXi1bguPZEeQ0g%40mail.gmail.com.

Hi Gareth,

How to see the data in the collection, as for representing the same in collection report of webinterface, we need to know mention the column names of report in the report settings?

Thanks

Gareth Thiveux

Sep 1, 2013, 10:08:30 AM9/1/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nagasai aytha
Hi Nagasai,

Yes, you're right, the first row of your CSV file must be the headers of your collection columns.
Ex of CSV file content :
user_name,user_email,state,nb_cars
test1,te...@email.com,CA,3
test2,te...@email.com,FL,5
test3,te...@email.com,IL,2

Regards,

Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
22 rue Chauchat, 75009 Paris - France (GMT+1)

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

bestfri...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2013, 12:16:45 PM9/4/13
On Sunday, September 1, 2013 10:08:30 AM UTC-4, Gareth Thiveux wrote:
> Hi Nagasai,
>

> Yes, you're right, the first row of your CSV file must be the headers of your collection columns.
> Ex of CSV file content :
> user_name,user_email,state,nb_cars
>

> test1,te...@email.com,CA,3
> test2,te...@email.com,FL,5
>
> test3,te...@email.com,IL,2
>

> Regards,
>

> Gareth THIVEUX
>

> Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente

Hi Gareth,

It is working fine but one issue is ,after i submit the form ,data is getting pushed to report but the report is not getting refreshed and after submit, i am refreshing the page to get the collection data displayed in the report.

Is it possible to refresh the report immediately after submitting the form using submit button?

As submit button is used with action- Start process , i couldnt use it for
execute script to add refresh report code- id_report.refresh();
This conversation is locked