How to use a SOAP WS via SEC?

J.M.

Nov 12, 2015, 6:52:23 AM11/12/15

I want to make use of an internal SOAP Web Service in my organization and I guess I need to use the SEC.
However, I'm not sure about how to get this.
I think It's exactly the case I mark in the attached image, but which are the steps I need to take? I'm thinking in something like:

1.- Configure a domain in RunMyProcess
2.- Configure a provider with this domain
3.- Run the SEC-agent (sec-agent-zicatela > runagent.bat)
and...
what else?
4.- Configure a Connector to this web service??? If so, How should I configure the connector?

Running the control manager is necesary?

Thanks in advance and regards.

the_point.png

javie...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 6:12:31 AM11/13/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com
Can anyone help me wit this, please?
It would be very useful for me, and I would appreciate it.

Thanks again

Murali

Nov 13, 2015, 6:33:00 AM11/13/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com
Hi Javier,

Hope you are following the steps provided on our Userguide.

And if i am not wrong, you mean say running protocol manager(control manager) ? Yes. it's mandatory to run for testing the SEC connectivity.

Please revert for any concerns/issues at any of the step as explained.

Regards,
Murali

Murali

Nov 13, 2015, 6:42:05 AM11/13/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com
Also, please refer to SAP integration guidelines.
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Integration_Guide/SAP

Regards,
Murali

jess...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 6:54:25 AM11/13/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have same question.

But I don't understand. In this Userguide appears an image and seems that is not necessary to use an protocol manager for SOAP only is necessary for Adapters.

I would like to use a Web Service with protocol SOAP, but the Server is not public. How can I do it?

Thanks and regards

the_point.png

Bidisha Das

Nov 14, 2015, 6:26:51 PM11/14/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
Please go through the suggested link(http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Integration_Guide/SEC/Installation_Guide)  properly.Don't just refer to the diagram.The below lines are clearly mentioned there.

When a provider/connector configured to use the Secure Enterprise Connector tunnel is called, the request is sent to your Data Connector agent through the tunnel. The request is then executed by the Data Connector agent.
That's why the url of the connector should be configured (names, IP addresses) as if the request was done on the Data Connector agent server, because that's exactly how things happen when the connector is used.
So you can use localhost or 127.0.0.1 if the request is based on a service running on the same server as the agent. You can use an IP address if it's reachable from the Data Connector agent.

The connector agent then forwards the information to the Protocol Manager. The Protocol Manager is a servlet that listens for data being posted by the connector agent and decides what adapter to send the information to from a list of registered adapters.

So,basically Provider/Connector are nothing but REST & SOAP apis.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

Javier Martín

Nov 17, 2015, 2:20:05 AM11/17/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Bidisha,

I understand then, that both, SEC agent and protocol manager are necessary, but I still have doubts about this.

1.- If the protocol manager is mandatory too, why is the REST/SOAP APIs represented apart in the diagram and placed before the protocol manager? What are you representing? What does it mean?
2.- You say I need to write the connector URL, but I've implemented some others Java Adapters, and I didn't write the URL in the connector. The Provider's 127.0.0.1 and I think it is working by the configFile in which you set the protocol name.
3.- Let's guess: I have implemented a web service that uses SOAP protocol. It is working fine, and it's being used by some others application correctly. But now, I want to use it from RunMyProcess. I've made the installation properly, tried the SEC and is running, but my Web service is not public and IS NOT IN THE SAME MACHINE where my SEC is running. Can I reach it? How can I use my web service in this way? Cause I'm assuming that if it was in the same machine it would be enough adding the rest of the path in the URL connector (Provider like 127.0.0.1 + rest_of_the_path), right?
4.- Should I assume that the only way to use my web service is implementing a JAVA adapter from which I should make the call to the web service?

Thanks again and regards

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

jess...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2015, 3:44:07 AM11/19/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com
Hi,

I have some issues with the Connector configuration.

For to call Server where I have web service interface, using other server like tunnel. Both servers are inside our firewall.

First I have configured one server. This server has SEC running and makes a tunnel with RMP.

In RMP I have configured a Provider. Attach configuration

Also I have created a connector, but I don't know what url to put. My web service is SOAP 1.1, Should I configure it in this connector?

Other question, in server where is web service interface, I have to do something?

Thank you and regards,

Jessi

Provider.png
Connector.png

jess...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2015, 5:31:29 AM11/19/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, javie...@gmail.com, jess...@gmail.com, thos...@runmyprocess.com

Sorry,
but it's necessary to change provider url?, because I thought that only was necessary modify connector url, but this is not possible.

Thanks again

Richard Manga

Nov 19, 2015, 10:28:58 AM11/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Good  Morning.
In order to configure a SOAP webservice, you can use the following tutorial:
It is not mandatory to use a SEC. But, if you use SEC, you Should NOT use the run the Protocol Manager. As described in the SEC tutorial, the picture explains clearly that in case of REST / SOAP webservice, you just need the SEC AGENT.
Your Webservice should not necessarily be public. In fact, if your configuration is good, you should be able to call the webservice.
Best Regards,
Richard

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess