Storing numeric values as strings

travis....@teknion.com

Dec 17, 2015, 11:27:18 AM12/17/15
I would like to save a numeric value into a collection as a string but no matter what I try it always saves as an integer.

I have a WI that takes in information for the new records. The textbox is set to Text. Before I trigger the composite API I am casting the value to a String.

Ex/ itemdata.division_id = String(RMPApplication.get("division_id"));

In the composite API activity I am using the freemarker cast '.string'

Ex/ <#assign my_object = P_json_put(my_object,"division_id",item.division_id?string)>

Yet still when I use a listCallBack and add a pattern looking for a string I can't find the record. But I can find the record if I add a number value to the pattern.

I need this to be a string value because when I mass upload records via csv it imports the column values as strings.

Murali

Dec 18, 2015, 12:14:48 AM12/18/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, travis....@teknion.com
Replied the solution to user directly.