Process in UNKNOWN state

ciche...@fater.it

Sep 26, 2013, 12:48:18 PM9/26/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
we have a process that a report shows status = "unknown":
project "MAPO" id = "b9dfc180-f603-11e2-94fd-123139225512".

I Entered into "Edit process modification" and I found that the
last task "waiting" had the icon to relaunch the task (see attachment1).

I wanted to restart the task from a few steps backward so:
- I put the all 3 step backward as "not executed"
- I put the step to restart from as "waiting"
- I saved selecting "change current status to waiting"
The problem is, once saved, the step in "waiting" does not have the icon to relaunch (see attachment2).

Could you, please,help on this ?

Thank you.

RMP-UnknownProcessState1.JPG
RMP-UnknownProcessState2.JPG

Sabine El Rassy

Sep 26, 2013, 12:56:21 PM9/26/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Luigi,

You have to pay attention when you design the process to keep enough space above your boxes so you can relaunch.
So to resolve your problem, there's a connector that can do the job via WS.
Go to library => RunMyProcess - Secured Connection => Relaunch process request instance (V2)
Import the connector, and pass the corresponding parameters.

Keep me posted,

Regards

ciche...@fater.it

Sep 27, 2013, 5:44:26 AM9/27/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Sabine,
sorry I didn't know about the space requirement, but it is strange as
that part of the process has not been modified for many months.

I downloaded the WS from connectors and created a process+web interface.

I would like to test it so I thought to relauch an instance I have in test environment, that is blocked, starting from some steps backward.

What do you think ?

Does the WS relaunch any process instance or it is only for instances
with problem like the one I cannot relaunch ?

Regards,
Luigi

Sabine El Rassy

Sep 27, 2013, 8:15:35 AM9/27/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Luigi,

The connector will be correctly executed if the state of the instance is pending (orange) and waiting to be relaunched like the problem you have.
 It won't work if the process is green or red.
So if you need to test the connector, you need to make your test process be in an error state on purpose, you fix the problem, put the state to orange (pending), you save the instance of the process so you have the tool of relaunch, and you execute your WS connector in order to relaunch the process.

Regards,

ciche...@fater.it

Sep 30, 2013, 10:16:13 AM9/30/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Sabine,
this morning I programmed to restart the live processes with the new connector
"Relaunch process request instance" that you told me BUT, I found that, using the usual editing process tool, I was able to restart both the blocked process in test and 2 process in live mode.
Has anything changed during the weekend ?

Regards,
Luigi

Sabine El Rassy

Sep 30, 2013, 10:28:38 AM9/30/13
to RunMyProcess Support Forum
Hello Luigi,

We didn't change anything, but if it works awesome!

Sabine EL RASSY

PreSales Consultant

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

Regards,
Luigi

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess