SEC-JDBC Adapter installation for oracle db

johnsont...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2015, 4:58:02 AM9/25/15
Hi support,

I am now testing to install the SEC JDBC Adapter by accessing data stored in my local system oracle database.
The SEC installation is ok. The Protocol Manger and SEC Connector Agent is installed and tested without any problem.
Then I refer to the JDBC adapter installation and configure the JDBC adapter. But my dbagent is configured for oracle 10g database. I can start the JDBC adapter and from the SEC-Manager status test, I can see that the Protocol JDBC that I configured is registered.

However, when I use a connector to test, this JDBC adapter shows the Process result in error as below:
{"SECStatus":400,"error":"java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:\nORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor\nThe Connection descriptor used by the client was:\nlocalhost:1521:orcl\n"}

In the JDBC adapter command prompt where the JDBC adapter is started, it also shows the error message:
java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:

ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descript
or
The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
localhost:1521:orcl

It is strange that there is no "orcl" oracle instance in my system and I have not config the "orcl" db and I cannot find where this setting comes from in my server. However, the error message shows that the Connection descriptor use this "orcl".

Attached is the doc to show all the setting screen capture and the error message found.
Would you please advise?

Best regards,
Johnson

jdbc_adapter_error.xlsx

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2015, 2:53:16 AM9/27/15
Hi Johnson,

Please try
jdbc:oracle:driver_type:[username/password]@//host_name:port_number:SID

In jdbc.config file
jdbc:oracle:thin://localhost:1521:GVA913
where GVA913 is SID.

Though I was not able to test this configuration on my end, bit it seems its a jdbc configuration issue.
Please refer to below link for reference:-

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

johnsont...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2015, 2:32:33 AM9/29/15
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, johnsont...@gmail.com

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for reply.
I finally got the solution after referring to the reference and your answer.
In the jdbc.config file, the "sqlSource" should be typed as below:
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:GVA913"

The @ must be added in front of the host_name, and the // should be omitted. The [username/password] can be optional to add as it is defined in the POST body.
(If the @ sign is added but the // is still there, I still got another error message "Network adapter error".)
After I changed to the above, the JDBC Adapter can work now and I can get the SELECT result from the db.

Thank you for help

Johnson