How to create a mail provider, diferent from gmail mail provider in the example

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2014, 2:40:02 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi.

I'm using a Gmail email provider, but I can't send emails to other ones like Hotmail or zoho, from this provider. The gmail provider I've configured only works with the emails from the users created in RMP, I think, I'm not sure how this mail provider works.

A image is attached about my actual gmail provider configuration.

I need to configure new mail provider that allows me to send emails to an external users.

Thanks

gmail provider.PNG

Sushma Padidela

Feb 13, 2014, 3:25:33 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Nes,

I just want to confirm in which Tasks are you using the Gmail email Provider to send emails to hotmail or zoho? Is it in "EMail Task" or a "Manual Task" ?

If your are sending emails in an EMail Task with email id's of a...@hotmail.com in "To" field then your Gmail provider should be able to send it.

If you have a...@hotmail.com in a Manual Task "assign to" field then it will not be able to send it because to perform a Manual Task a user should be RMP registered user or else you can make the Manual Task public so that it can be assigned to people outside RMP also by creating an EMail Task and sending the link of Manual Task to people you require. So it would not be an issue with your Gmail provider.

If you want to configure the new Email provider then you should check the configurations of Hotmail and create a new provider on RMP like how you configured the Gmail provider.

Thanks,
Sushma

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2014, 4:06:45 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com

Hello

It doesn't work, I've proved with several accounts but it keeps failing.

Are you sure I can do it with the Gmail Mail provider,hasn't it another restriction?

An image is attached.
Thanks.

Email notification settings.PNG

thoshino

Feb 13, 2014, 4:43:22 PM2/13/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi,

I am still not sure of the exact scenario you need.
Do you want to send emails "From" different account?
 If yes, do you want different Email service? (hotmail, yahoo?) => then you need to setup different Email Provider for them.
 or, do you just want different user from same Email service? (e.g. different account from Gmail) => then you can configure your Gmail Provider to use credentials from process variable.

Explanation:
The Gmail Provider will ignore the "From" field in Email activity. They will use the credentials you configured in the Provider, not the "From" address.
This is not because RMP connector is doing something funny, this is how Gmail SMTP service works.

Now, if your question is about "To" field, Gmail Provider is able to send to any email address.
If you feel that this is not functioning correctly, then maybe you are executing the process in TEST mode.
In TEST mode, all of the Email activity and Manual Activity notification will be sent to "you" - here, you is the person who initiated the process in TEST mode.

By default, all processes are in TEST mode.
To run in other modes, you need to make a version of your application (web interface + process + any connector/provider/etc that is used), and put it in ACCEPTANCE or LIVE mode.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Taka

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2014, 9:52:51 AM2/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Thanks very much Mister taka.

I refered to the "to" field. I think my problem is , I was working in a test mode, I'll create a live version to prove this.

Thanks for the clarification.

maybeg...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2014, 10:10:40 AM2/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
One more question, the variable of my input text field is "email", So I can use it as a freemarker in the field "to" like ${email}. I want to send an attached file, that was uploaded by a upload widget, Can I use the variable from the "upload" widget like ${my_upload_widget_variable} in the "attached" field?

Thanks

att:
Nes

thoshino

Feb 14, 2014, 11:42:46 AM2/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, maybeg...@gmail.com
Hi Nes,

To send file attachment, you can pass the file id.
Details here:

The file upload widget will have variable structure like this:
[{"widget_id":"id_filewidget","url":"https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/661134565/upload/69410a40-94d2-11e3-9a16-123139225512/01.png","name":"01.png","id":"69410a40-94d2-11e3-9a16-123139225512"},{"widget_id":"id_filewidget","url":"https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/661134565/upload/6bf331f0-94d2-11e3-9a16-123139225512/02.png","name":"02.png","id":"6bf331f0-94d2-11e3-9a16-123139225512"}]

Please find attached for visual structure.

You need to script this variable to just the file id.
For multiple files, please refer to the document URL above.

Best regards,

Taka
file_id.png