Writing to external database

Prachi

Feb 13, 2015, 10:08:20 AM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi, I want to write information from my WI form to an external database at the end of each process. I have SEC connectors and retrieving and inserting data to external database works through connector test window.

How can I send variables from my WI to this connector? I'm not sure if I can achieve this by including this connector in API listener or by calling the connector from the process?

Thanks!

Prachi
--

teknion.com <http://www.teknion.com>

<http://www.teknioncre8.com/> <http://www.facebook.com/Teknion>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/teknion> <http://twitter.com/teknion>
<http://www.youtube.com/teknion>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any attachments, may
contain information that is confidential and privileged. [It may constitute
non-public information and is intended to be conveyed only to the
designated recipient(s).] If the reader or recipient of this communication
is not the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and
promptly delete this e-mail including any attachments without reading or
saving them in any manner. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is
prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for changes
made to this e-mail or to any attachments after transmission from our
office.

Takafumi Hoshino

Feb 13, 2015, 10:18:55 AM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

"At end of each process" sounds like it should be in process.
Process is better also in case call fails, you can restart easily.

You should have a restart-point (where output script is empty) before
the connector activity.

Best regards,

Taka

Sent from my iPhone
> --
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
> ---

Prachi Raibagi

Feb 13, 2015, 11:10:50 AM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Taka,

Thanks for your fast response. What do you mean by output script is empty?

I am calling the connector in the process and I've included WI variables I want to write to db under 'input variables'. The call to connector is successful in process report but its not writing any data to the database. I'm using the variables I'm passing to connector in mysql statement. Is that correct?

Prachi

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Takafumi Hoshino <thos...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
Hi,

"At end of each process" sounds like it should be in process.
Process is better also in case call fails, you can restart easily.

You should have a restart-point (where output script is empty) before
the connector activity.

Best regards,

Taka

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 13, 2015, at 7:08 AM, Prachi <prachi....@teknion.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I want to write information from my WI form to an external database at the end of each process. I have SEC connectors and retrieving and inserting data to external database works through connector test window.
>
> How can I send variables from my WI to this connector? I'm not sure if I can achieve this by including this connector in API listener or by calling the connector from the process?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Prachi
> --

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication, including any attachments, may
> contain information that is confidential and privileged. [It may constitute
> non-public information and is intended to be conveyed only to the
> designated recipient(s).] If the reader or recipient of this communication
> is not the intended recipient, or you believe that you have received this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail and
> promptly delete this e-mail including any attachments without reading or
> saving them in any manner. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is
> prohibited and may be unlawful. We accept no responsibility for changes
> made to this e-mail or to any attachments after transmission from our
> office.
>
> --
> Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
> ---

Takafumi Hoshino

Feb 13, 2015, 11:25:49 AM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

The "output empty" thing is to prepare for production errors, if any.
Supervisor can restart process instance from any point in process. If the activity restarting at has some scripts in output variables, then it will error immediately and not move forward.
You can avoid this by making an empty activity, so there is zero chance that output variable will abort with error.

Then to your question.
Does your process complete? (green status)
But you don't see any data database?

You have to check from bottom up.
Check process instance variables, test your Connector with the same variables, then test your activity (restart process instance there), then test end to end.

Best regards,

Taka

Taka Hoshino
Fujitsu RunMyProcess
Google Account: thos...@runmyprocess.com
<Sent from Gmail web client>

Prachi Raibagi

Feb 13, 2015, 4:18:45 PM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Taka,

Thanks, I'm testing the way you suggested. Seems like my WI variable values are not being passed on to the connector. I know variables I'm passing in the process are correct because the same variables are working in custom report.

I assigned default values to the variables for testing purpose. I'm using ${variable} to get variable value in connector but it's not retrieving the value. How can I test if the variable is being sent to the connector?

Prachi

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Takafumi Hoshino <thos...@runmyprocess.com> wrote:
Hi,.

Takafumi Hoshino

Feb 13, 2015, 4:48:05 PM2/13/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can test the Connector itself.
In Connector configuration screen (where you make the connector), there is "Launch Test" button, and it should show you all the variable that it accepts, and you can test.
Make sure this works.

Making sure this works means, when you execute this, it does not give any error.
When connector is executed, SEC manager should show a log about the request.
And data is written to you database.

Best regards,

Taka