Choose form list but write in input field

besumm...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2015, 11:21:45 AM10/21/15
Hello,
I want create a list that one of the choices is "Other" and with the possibility that user write what he want. How I can do this?

Sweta Suman

Oct 22, 2015, 3:32:51 AM10/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I guess you wanted to say that in a WI on selection of "other" option from list a text box should be created where user can enter data. Is that your requirement ? If yes you can achieve it using java script which will listen to text_box and make it visible on selection of "other" option.

If I misunderstood please elaborate your requirement so that we can help you ?

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Thanks,
Sweta
Fujitsu RunMyProcess

besumm...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2015, 4:46:42 AM10/22/15
Yes, you are right. Can you help me? I don't know how I can do this.

Sweta Suman

Oct 22, 2015, 8:59:43 AM10/22/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

As I mentioned above you have to take a text_box and make it visible on selection of "other" option using java script.

Step 1 - Take a text_input(say test_field) in WI. Make it invisible from widget property-->Rules-->Visible(uncheck).

Step 2 - Take a JS widget and write below script-

var option= id_list.getSelectedLabel();   //  id_list is a identifier of list
if(option=="Other")                              //  Other is a label of custom list
{
id_test_field.setVisible(true);               //  id_test_field is a identifier of text_input
}

Step 3 - In JS widget property-->listen to variable field-->write value variable of list. Each time list option is changed script will be fired.(refer attachment).

Hope this helps you.

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:16 PM, <besumm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, you are right. Can you help me? I don't know how I can do this.
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---
js.png

besumm...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2015, 1:00:12 PM10/23/15
Thanks friend, works ;)
Help me in one thing. I want that the field stay in same direction. See my screenshot and help me please.

http://postimg.org/image/zbyi57ekr/

Sweta Suman

Oct 24, 2015, 12:27:00 AM10/24/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can align text_input as per your requirement from its property. You can select Label position "On the side" to display it beside list. Keep the name of text input blank but don't remove variable and its identifier value(refer screenshot).

For more details refer -

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

besumm...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 1:33:27 PM10/26/15
Hello.
I know, but didn't work. You can see in my screenshots. I use Label Position: Above both, in list field and in input text field. If I have no name in text_input the field don't align. Please see the screenshots:

Screenshots: http://www.filedropper.com/testinput

Other question:

I have this code in a js field:

var option= id_refusal_reason.getSelectedLabel();
if(option=="Outra")
{
id_test_field_apr.setVisible(true);
}

else
{
id_test_field_apr.setVisible(false);
}

This code is for the input_text appear if option is something.
But there is one problem. If I choose the option "Outra" appear the field input_text and next I choose the prompt text the field don't disappear. How I can do this?

Screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/xzn4u6ibv/