what is the difference between the Process selection in Web Interface Report and the process in Process Report

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Feb 23, 2018, 5:23:45 AM2/23/18
In my report, it is showing multiple duplicate instances with different status for 1 same record coz RMP platform keep generated different instances whenever user edit the record to update some values.

In my web interface report, I decided to display the records by selecting process name instead of web interface. But it is still displaying duplicate instances.

In the process report for the same process name, I check the record and it have only have 1 process instance.

What is the difference between the “Process” in Web Interface report and the “Process” in Process Report ? All this time, I thought that the process selection in the web interface report is the same as process report.

I just want to display only 1 latest instance changes in my report.

attached are the screenshots
What is the Different between to 2 process in reports.pdf

Prachi Chandak

Feb 23, 2018, 12:44:50 PM2/23/18
Hello,

Good Day!

You can refer below links to get more details on process as well as Web Interface report and difference between the two.

Please go through the links and do feel free to contact us for any other query.

Thanks & Regards,
Prachi Chandak
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Shraddha Pangantiwar

Feb 27, 2018, 12:17:44 AM2/27/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Hi Sir

Good day.

Are the links provided in the last post helpful to you?
We are awaiting for your response.

Do feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.

Best Regards
Shraddha Pangantiwar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Feb 27, 2018, 1:28:03 AM2/27/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Good day shraddha,

I read thru the links but it does not provide me the info i needed. I know RMP generates many different web instances when submit web interface. But I did not know that it also generate many process instances for the same instance.

So, in Web interface report, there is no different between selecting web interface or process since the the end result are still showing me multiple instances.

Is that correct ?

Prachi Chandak

Feb 27, 2018, 3:09:00 PM2/27/18
to yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com, Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community
Hello,

Good day!

Web Interface Report -   Allow you to view information from your applications.
Process Report -  Allows you to monitor the current status of each task of the process.

And process in Web Interface report or process in Process report it will make difference when you have some process triggered via WI, at that time you can use Web Interface process report to monitor the status of your process.

Whereas, If you have some other type of process like some timer process or email trigger (which is not related to any WI) at that particular moment you can use Process report to monitor the status of the triggered process.

Please refer the screenshot attached to clear your idea about two reports.

Kindly write us back if you have any other query.

Thanks & Regards,
Prachi Chandak
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---
WI_process_report.png

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Mar 1, 2018, 3:37:51 AM3/1/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Good day Prachi,

Yes... your WIR and process report show the same count for the same process. I also thought it was supposed to be like that. But for my case, my WIR and process report show different count for same process (I attached a sample)

That is why I ask what is the difference with the process in WIR and process in process report. I am new in RMP, attended RMP training but still struggling to understand the RMP concept of display data. I just want to display the correct record with the correct status and allow user to edit the record. But it seem so difficult.

If I use process in WIR, it show me many lines for same record.
If I use process report (and put it into WI for user to see), user cannot edit the record data. Process report is only used to see data.

Any recommended suggestions ?

Same process different count.pdf

Pankaj Kumar

Apr 4, 2018, 7:50:07 PM4/4/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Hi,

Are you able to resolve the issue, if not, in your web-interface report, please select the "web-interface" instead of process.

If you still face the issue kindly let us know.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--