How to include recurring events on the response to "Get all events from a calendar"

J.M.

Mar 10, 2015, 4:35:11 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve all the events from a calendar, for a later search of possible coincidences with another event, but I have a recurring event that's not included on the response. The call returns all the rest of events on the calendar, and only the finished ocurrences of my recurring event.

¿How can I get ALL the events? I've not seen anything about that on the Documentation, and I've read some post without reply asking the same question on the API Calendar Group.

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

Tejas Laddha

Mar 10, 2015, 5:52:57 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can refer below documentation for creating new connector for Google Calendar to retrieving an events.

Connector URL would be - calendar/v3/calendars/${calendar_id}/events

Hope this documentation will be helpful to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Tejas Laddha

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Google APIs oAuth2.0.pdf

Javier Martín

Mar 10, 2015, 6:10:32 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I guess, I didn't explain too well... I've already done the steps that the doc attached shows, however, even the last step teach, how to get all the events from a calendar, that connector don't get absolutely all events. I don't know why, but this connector don't get the instances of a recurring event whose date is later to the current one.
The rest of events are returned properly, but these ones I refer, aren't.

What should I do, to get'em all?

Regards.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Tejas Laddha

Mar 10, 2015, 6:30:56 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

I have tested this and able to get all the events later to the current date as well.

Could you please verify the connector result (items).

Thanks and Regards,
Tejas Laddha

Javier Martín

Mar 10, 2015, 6:44:00 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi again,

You are right. The connector returns SINGLE events later to the current date, but It doesn't return RECURRING events later to the current date.

That means, if I add a recurring event on google calendar on a user way, and i put a recurrence fron monday to friday, until December, for example, this connector doesn't return the recurring events which are later to the current date.
...But on the opossite, if I add a single event on 20th december, it will be perfectly returned.

I don't know if I'm explaining enough well...

Regards.

Tejas Laddha

Mar 10, 2015, 8:32:32 AM3/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

Yes you are right, In that case it returns one option for recurrence i.e. "items[index].recurrence[index]".
You can check for this value and design the code as per your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,
Tejas Laddha

javiermm...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 3:19:38 AM3/11/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Tejas,

For your answer, I guess there is no way to making this task easier, right?
Well, then I'll keep in mind for future times.

Thank you and regards.