Full report export doesn't work anymore in Chrome

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 8:01:41 AM1/12/16
Hello,

I'm re-opening the case https://groups.google.com/a/runmyprocess.com/forum/#!topic/supportforum/TxzxX9VJHpQ
as it has been closed despite unsolved

Latest update to Java V3 introduced a new functionality for widget report 'Widget report - full exports now create a file within the relevant project instead of sending an email.'

It works with IE and Firefox but not with Chrome. The report is open directly in the Chrome browser which make it useless and is not downloaded into a csv file.

The 2nd point is that '....instead of sending an email' is not the right wording : an email is still sent. The email now contains a link to the file rather than having the file attached to the email.

So what is wrong with Chrome ?
Why is the export not directly creating a csv & downloadable file into the browser without having to receive an email ?

Regards
Yves

RMP collection report displayed in Chrome.png
RMP - Link to report.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 15, 2016, 3:55:19 AM1/15/16

We have tested this feature on our environment on collection report and web interface report both, though not able to reproduce it. We have check this on Chrome version - Version 47.0.2526.80 m

Are you using same version or different version, also if you are using some plug-in or might be chrome setting, it might be possible that chrome open the file by itself in a tab just like the pdf file opens in a tab rather than downloading on the system

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

Yves

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2016, 10:23:33 AM1/16/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Thanks Pankaj

I've completely removed and then reinstalled Chrome 47.0.2526.111 m (64-bit) from scratch. Same issue. I also tried on tablet : the file is downloaded with Firefox and displayed in Chrome web page. Some same issue as well

Do you want to make some screen sharing ?

> Regards
> Yves

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 17, 2016, 2:13:12 AM1/17/16

Please try disabling all the extensions and plug-in in the chrome and see the behaviour. You can find all the plug-in by typing "chrome://plugins/" in omnibox of chrome.

I have found similar issue on chrome issues list, though its old and fixed.
Also please try to clear "auto-opening" file setting.
chrome -> settings -> Show advanced settings... -> Downloads -> clear auto-opening setting

If this not works, kindly let us know your availability for a screen sharing session.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2016, 12:15:14 PM1/17/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
>Hello Pankaj,

I've disabled all extensions , even installed a new Chrome version (Version 49.0.2618.8 m (64-bit) - still in beta), etc....but failed to solve the issue.

Note that I don't have any option for 'clear auto-opening setting' in chrome -> settings -> Show advanced settings... -> Downloads. But only the choice to choose the downloaa directory

> Regards
> Yves

Murali

Jan 18, 2016, 11:34:01 PM1/18/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

The options could be differed for various browser extensions and please try on a stable browser version instead of a beta one.

Based on the result/findings, you may get necessary help on Chrome support forum.

Regards,
Murali

yves.d...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2016, 12:02:32 PM1/23/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hello Murali,

I made all possible tests with Chrome : desactivate all extension, remove Chrome and download latest version without any extension, remove Chrome and download beta version without any extension, etc. and still doesn't work. The conclusion is that my issue doesn't come from Chrome and I should not spend more time testing workaround with Chrome. Issue is clearly related to the December RMP update.

Do you want to do some screen sharing ?

> Regards
> Yves

Murali

Jan 23, 2016, 2:41:31 PM1/23/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

Below are the conclusions from the screen-share.

On Chrome:
Issue happens when try to Export with Customize option on Report Widget, and then access the Report data URL link from the e-mail received on customer's mail box.

URL pattern : https://live.runmyprocess.com/live/<account_ID>/upload/<Report_ID>/<file_name>.csv?P_mode=LIVE

I will check on this and keep you posted with resolution.

Regards,
Murali

Murali

Feb 4, 2016, 6:38:18 AM2/4/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

I have discussed about this problem with our core team and they confirm that the option to open/download the file is completely based on the browser and there is no solution provided from RMP end.

Regards,
Murali

Murali

Feb 7, 2016, 8:51:41 PM2/7/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yves.d...@gmail.com
Hi Yves,

Thanks for your feedback.
The enhancement provided by RMP is for the benefit of customer as to just store customized Report link in e-mail(Saves the mail-box size in long run).

If we receive more requests coming from the customers related to it, RMP will re-assess on this feature and take appropriate step.

I hope Chrome would fix/provide the file download feature in future versions.

Regards,
Murali