User profile setup

banerjee...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 1:25:54 AM5/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Team,
I don't have access to the user meta data, but i need to create certain values for the user, so that when they access, the application those values are defaulted... just like it happens in the case of the, user meta data.

So i was thinking of a collection, where i can setup the user profile, along with the relevant details, so that when the user logs in to the system, the values matching with the user id or user role id are defaulted on to the application.

can you tell me is the way i am thinking is correct or not? and is there are any better way to do it.

Pankaj Kumar

May 19, 2015, 4:59:56 AM5/19/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Somjit Banerjee
HI Somjeet,

Ideally user info should be saved in User Data as these info are accessible to all the projects in the account. Please asks your account admin to add the respective info in user meta data.

Alternate work around:- you can create a separate project and create collection in that project use user id as this will work as unique key in collection. This way you can use this collection in as many project as you want by just importing this project in current project.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Somjit Banerjee

May 25, 2015, 2:14:13 AM5/25/15
to Pankaj Kumar, suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Pankaj,

I have applied the alternative method of collection, now can u give me an idea how to the user id from this collection and populate the default values in the web interface, just as it happens in the case of meta data.

Regards,
Somjit

Murali

May 25, 2015, 5:12:21 AM5/25/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, banerjee...@gmail.com, banerjee...@gmail.com, pku...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Somjit,

Attach the related collection into your web interface and include below code sample in js widget.

//Set user id field value - hardcoded
id_user_id.setValue("1234");
function list_ok(result) {
    alert("ok=" + JSON.stringify(result));
    alert("ok=" + JSON.stringify(result[0].id));
//Set Field value - from collection
id_user_id.setValue(JSON.stringify(result[0].id));
}

function list_ko(result) {
    alert("ko=" + JSON.stringify(result));
}
var my_pattern = {};
my_pattern.mailId = "a...@gmail.com";
col_testColl.listCallback(my_pattern,{},list_ok,list_ko);

If you need to populate multiple field values, it is recommended to build a CAPI which returns collection values and call it in above.

Ref: http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Composite_API/Composite_API_Example

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Murali

Somjit Banerjee

May 25, 2015, 5:20:11 AM5/25/15
to Murali, suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Pankaj Kumar
Hi Murali,

Thanks for you response,i will let you know on this topic if i further face any kind of trouble.

Regards,
Somjit