problems writing to google calendar - all appears to work but no entry in calendar

tom.t.r...@googlemail.com

Dec 4, 2013, 12:25:30 PM12/4/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi
I have had google calendars working before but there is clearly a trick I have forgotten. I am developing a process in which I want to write to a calendar. After having problems with it I set up an exemplar process to prove the approach.(It is called "Example - update a calendar" if you want to look at it) This all appears to work but it does not write to the calendar. Please see attached for screen shots of the process definition and the output (I have redacted the google calendar logon password off a couple of the screens).
Could you help me please?
Thanks
problems with writing to google calendar.docx

thoshino

Dec 5, 2013, 8:44:25 PM12/5/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tom.t.r...@googlemail.com
Hi Tom,

I made the exact same test in my environment, and it worked okay.

I used the following Connectors from the Library.
Google API Login>Login Calendar
Google Calendar>Creating single-occurrence events [v2.0]

And your process has no error.
So, I am wondering where the ecent was created.

Did you specify the correct calendar ID, and looking at the correct calendar?
(calendar ID is in Calendar settings, close to bottom of the page)

Are you looking for correct date/time?
The timestamp you sent are in UTC (from 'Z'). In my case, based in California US, it is Dec. 5th - 2am to 4 am (please see attached).

I hope this solves your issue.

Best regards,

Taka
gcalendar_test.png

Tom Rothwell

Dec 6, 2013, 10:20:28 AM12/6/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

Taka

Thanks for your email. I checked the details (see below) and attached but it still does not work. I copied the id from the Google calendar settings so I know u an looking at the right calendar. So I created a new Google user and calendar, and tried it with that. It worked.
Very strange. Any suggestions?

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

thoshino

Dec 7, 2013, 3:37:31 PM12/7/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, tom.t.r...@googlemail.com
Hi Tom,

It is difficult to figure out. I have not encountered similar problem before.
Since it works for other Google accounts, the API calls made from RMP must be correct.
It might be worthwhile to ask Google apps administrator or support about this, it might be something about Google apps configuration.

To be sure, you can also test the APIs from other source than RMP.
Chrome extention: DevHttpClient, or similar tools allow you to make bare API calls.

Best regards,

Taka