Custom widget, report widget in included projects

vickir...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 10:18:52 PM7/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
I have a custom widget in a web interface in a project - A. This is used insert / update a collection. It works extremely well. I have included another project (B) in A.

I have process in B that is processing my customer's business flow and it needs to insert/update to the collection. That works well also via Freemarker input variables. A web form in Project B also needs to display an object from the collection which is described by the custom widget. However I cannot access the custom widget in a web interface in Project B.

Do I have to use the "report widget" and somehow restrict it to one object from the collection to get a definition of the collection object? This will not provide the layout desired so I would have to hide it. Do I have to create a new custom widget / series of fields in web form(s) in Project B? It is all very time consuming when the collection has many many elements.

I am unsure what included projects offer i.e. why do we use them? Is it only for user access authorisation? It appears there is no "inheritance" between the project and included projects so a "project" of reusable objects as described in the documentation (ADMIN and MAIN) don't appear to be easily reusable. We cannot build that ubiquitous business object and use it across all projects easily.

Vicki

PS and FYI - I cannot attach a file in this forum using Google Chrome. The link appears enabled but it does nothing when I click

CustomWidget.JPG

Bidisha Das

Jul 10, 2014, 11:40:38 PM7/10/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, vickir...@gmail.com
Hi,
Just do the reverse.If you want to access project A from project B,then you have to include project A in project B and not B in A.Including Project B in Project A would give you access to B from A but you can't access A from B.

Also "Include a Project" saves much of your time since you can reuse the following things from the project which you are including into the project where you are including.
  • Providers and Connectors
  • Composite API
  • Custom Widget
  • Collection
  • Custom List
  • WI report
  • Process report
So you don't have to create and perform the same things again and again.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha Das

thoshino

Jul 14, 2014, 8:35:56 PM7/14/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, vickir...@gmail.com
Hi Vicki,

A follow up to Bidisha's reply.

[About inclusion]
"Include project" will allow you to use a project resource from another project, like "inheritance" you mention.

In case that I have a custom widget (CW) in project A, and want to attach it to a web interface (WI) in project B.
I need to include Project A into Project B (meaning, open project B, click on "Include a project" and select project A).

Same for collections. I have a business object collection in project A. I want to write/read to this in project B.
I need to do the same, include A into B.

In TEST mode (the development mode), you might be able to read/write/update the collection data from other projects without inclusion.
This is because, you might have Administrator profile, you might be designer of both projects, and you are not working with a "version" so all resources are accessible.

In ACCEPTANCE or LIVE mode (testing and production mode), access rights will be (and should be) more restricted, "version" will restrict access to resources not included, thus you need to check exactly how has what rights.

Here is a complete list of access rights

[display of collections data]
If you can reuse the same CW by project inclusion, that is the best.
If that doesn't exactly suit your needs, you can copy the CW and make changes to the new CW, which should save some time for you.
The icon next to Save, represented by multiple layers of floppy disks, is the Copy button.

You can read the collection data into it by using JS functions:

Best regards,

Taka