Process Timer with formula - cannot work if manually reduce the minutes in the time variable

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Dec 21, 2017, 4:28:59 AM12/21/17
I still having problem with my Process Timer activities using formula.Have been struggling for the past few weeks.

I have an loan tracking application that is supposed to just auto sent out 6 email reminders in different interval (eg : 60 days, 30 days, 15 days, etc) before reaching the loans expiry dates. We used the timer event with formula (eg : ${first_notification), ${second_notification}, etc) to control the auto email reminders. The initial coding wrongly calculated the minutes (it add 2 extra days (in minutes) to each actual reminder trigger date, causing the all email reminder to trigger out 2 days after its actual reminder date.

I have corrected the coding and have deployed to LIVE.

Problem are the old records still pending to be auto trigger. I have manually corrected the values in the timer variables by reducing the minutes by 2880 mins and save the process ( with "keep existing status"). But the timer did not auto trigger once it reach the corrected minutes.

Example
On 15/12/2017 @ 2pm - User submit form with due date. 1st reminder is supposed to sent out on 17/12/2017. But formula is wrong and is generated as 4 days (5760 minutes) in the ${first_notification}. The record is now pending at timer event.

On 16/12/2017, in the process report, I have manually updated the value for Timer variable {$first_notification} to 2880 minutes (Save and select keep current sts). I thought the timer will be able to auto trigger on 17/12/2017. But as of 20/12/2017, the Timer activity did not auto trigger the email reminder. I have to manually run the activity.

Now , every day, I have to manually checked and run the timer event for those records that have reach its reminder trigger dates. This is so time consuming and not effective way to work.

I have read through the below links but the explanation is so general. Can you brief on how the timer knows it have reach the minutes specified in the formula and can to auto run? If timer formula is 2880 minutes, how RMP know it has reach 2880 mins? It is based on record date created / record date modiied/process start date/process modify date ?

http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Process/Trigger
http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Developer_Guide/Development_Environment/Toolbox/Processes/Step/Event/Process_Timer_Event

My Timer formula used.pdf

yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com

Jan 7, 2018, 9:14:00 PM1/7/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
any update on this matter ? I just want to understand how the timer works in more details in order to try to resolve my issue. Can anyone who have successfully used timer event with formula and also successfully updated the timer event for future trigger give some pointers? I m new in RMP and may have been doing the wrong way.

Thanks in advance

Ghanshyam Mule

Jan 8, 2018, 4:07:11 AM1/8/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Hello Sir/Madam,

We are working on timer issue with scenario described by you. We will update you soon.

regards,
Ghanshyam
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Ghanshyam Mule

Jan 11, 2018, 3:51:35 AM1/11/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, yoke-le...@lafargeholcim.com
Hello Sir/Madam,

We have reproduce the same issue. Currently once timer value has been initiated with specified value it can not be modifiable.
We are also checking this with platform team and will update you accordingly.