Other domain users authentication

ciche...@fater.it

Jun 27, 2014, 10:45:48 AM6/27/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,
I need to create an RMP user that has not a Google account.

I create a normal RMP account with the related email address and I set the password with the "user management" application released and downloaded by RMP.

To approve his process steps, the user needs to:
- access the RMP site
- authenticate
- launch the link he received by email from the process

Is it possible to avoid that ?
Is it possible make the user authenticate while accessing the link in the email, in one step ?

Thank you.

Hamza Maghous

Jun 27, 2014, 11:07:13 AM6/27/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello,

In the actual version of RunMyProcess,  it is mandatory  to authenticate before accessing the link in the email if you use login/password

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Hamza MAGHOUS

PreSales Consultant

Gareth Thiveux

Jun 27, 2014, 12:09:49 PM6/27/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Luigi,

If you design and configure a custom login page on your account, when clicking on the link in the email you would be redirected to that page in order to login, and once logged in, you will be redirected to the page you've tried to reach in first place. This way you don't have to login before clicking on the link in the email.

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

ciche...@fater.it

Jun 30, 2014, 5:21:47 AM6/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
On Friday, June 27, 2014 6:09:49 PM UTC+2, Gareth Thiveux wrote:
> Hi Luigi,
>
> If you design and configure a custom login page on your account, when clicking on the link in the email you would be redirected to that page in order to login, and once logged in, you will be redirected to the page you've tried to reach in first place. This way you don't have to login before clicking on the link in the email.
>

> Regards,
>

> Gareth THIVEUX
>

> Customer Solutions Engineer
>  Fujitsu RunMyProcess
>

> 3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France
>

> website : Fujitsu RunMyProcess

Hi Gareth,
the solution is quite interesting but it it possible to set the "Custom login page" / authentication only to specific users ?
I mean, we are all with a google account but few users that have not, thus we would like to continue to authenticate with Google OpenID and give only to selected users the Custom login solution.
Is it possible ?

Thank you.

Sweta Suman

Jun 30, 2014, 6:12:02 AM6/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

Hi Luigi,

Yes, It is possible. You can make specific user authentication in “Custom Login Page” and for the users who have Google OpenID can use inbuilt RMP Google Open Id functionality to login , and all those users must be registered with RMP.

Thanks and Regards,

Sweta Suman

ciche...@fater.it

Jun 30, 2014, 6:49:45 AM6/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Sweta,
can you give me more detail on how to configure a custom login page only for specific users ?
Looking at the "Custom login page" instruction on RMP site, it seems that the change of authentication method is referred to the entire domain and it can be different only by environments (live/acceptance/test)...

Sweta Suman

Jun 30, 2014, 9:47:22 AM6/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Luigi,

In order to configure specific users-
Add only specific users in your Organization role,So only those user will have access to it.

You can use a different authentication method for differnt domain and it may vary in each execution mode (LIVE, TEST, ACCEPTANCE).

Regards,
Sweta

thoshino

Jun 30, 2014, 12:58:40 PM6/30/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Luigi,

Let me try to clear things up.

When SSO is set up, it is for whole domain. So your understanding is correct that, when users without Google account are sent to your web interface, they will be asked to login to Google (which they cannot).

But, even when SSO is set up, any user can still login using RMP login and password.

So, the solution I can think of right now is,

1. Create a custom login page, BUT not set it as login page for the account.
2. Create a landing page (home page) for those users without Google account (can be same as landing page for Google domain users).
3. In the custom login page, make a hidden text widget with variable name (P_target, no parenthesis), and point to the landing page in step 2.
4. Another thing in custom login page, don't do anything regarding Google domain, just ignore that part.
Then,
5. For users who don't have Google account, let them know the custom login page URL only.
6. For users who don't have Google account, in task notification email, send them the custom login page URL.

This should let non-Google users login smoothly without seeing a Google sign-in screen.

Let me know if this won't work for you.

Best regards,

Taka

ciche...@fater.it

Jul 1, 2014, 7:19:56 AM7/1/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

Hello Taka,
I am trying to summarize the suggestions above in the post.
Most of our user are Google account so they access their processes directly from notification email because they authenticate with Google OpenID.
Now, few users, have not a Google account even if their regularly accounted/registered in RMP with their emailaddress.

These "external" users should first authenticate with login/password to the RMP Portal and then they can click the link in the email notification received to access the process.
The best solution would be that:
- external users click just in the link of the email notification
- they would be requested to authenticate with their RMP user/password
- they are redirected automatically to the process form of the link

Thus the solution suggested by Gareth, Sweta and you should be fine but I do not have a clearly undertanding of deployement.

Infact the "custom login page" in the RMP guide should resolve the problem WITHOUT changing the email notifications of the existing processes.
Is it correct or the notifications links must be modified ?

The "custom login page" in the RMP guide is suitable for our case IGNORING the Google domain part ?
How can I set this login page/authentication ONLY for selected users ?

Should we add a secondary domain to manage this different authentication ?

Could you, please, clarify that ?

Thank you all.

thoshino

Jul 1, 2014, 9:25:20 AM7/1/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, ciche...@fater.it
Hi Luigi,

Actually, listening to your summary it makes more sense to go for a full featured Custom Login page (with domains too).
So please ignore most of my last reply.

You can simply:
1. Create a Custom Login page, with Domains selection.
2. You can configure your RMP account setting to, not SSO with Google, but simple login, and specify the custom login page.

This will work as following.
Case A. If the user is already authenticated to RMP (domain user or not):
1. Email arrives with task URL, user opens it.
2. RMP web form is displayed, and use can work on it.

CaseB. If the user is not authenticated to RMP, but is domain user:
1. Email arrives with task URL, user opens it.
2. Custom login page is displayed, and use can choose to use domain to login.
3. RMP web form is displayed, and use can work on it.

CaseC. If the user is not authenticated to RMP, and not a domain user:
1. Email arrives with task URL, user opens it.
2. Custom login page is displaed, and user can use login/password to login.
3. RMP web form is displayed, and use can work on it.

Does this sound like the solution to your issue?

Best regards,

Taka