Measure time spent in each step

eduardo...@dedalusprime.com.br

Jul 4, 2014, 11:02:28 AM7/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi All,

A customer asked me to create a process where he can measure the time spent in each step.

The steps that need to be measured are on a main process, and each step is a subprocess that some group of people will execute.

Is there some way to create this type of measurement, at the steps that calls the subprocess, and to show this in a report?

Thanks,

Eduardo
--

------------------------------
Confidencialidade: A informação contida nesta mensagem de e-mail,incluindo

Gareth Thiveux

Jul 5, 2014, 2:48:05 AM7/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Eduardo,

If you create a variable ts_start containing ${timestamp("SECOND")} in the input variables of your sub process box and another variable ts_end containing ${timestamp("SECOND")} too in the output variables of your sub process box and just do ts_end - ts_start in the script of your measure, that would give you the duration of your process in seconds.

Is that what you needed ?

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

* Envoyé de mon / Sent from my iPhone

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

eduardo...@dedalusprime.com.br

Jul 5, 2014, 6:09:04 PM7/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the reply. This is part of the solution that we need. We need to make a report about the time spent in each step of each started flow and to calculate the average, maximum and minimum time spent.

So, I guess that we should store the information at a collection and then create a web interface to show this report, right?

Thanks,

Eduardo

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 3:48:05 AM UTC-3, Gareth Thiveux wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>

> If you create a variable ts_start containing ${timestamp("SECOND")} in the input variables of your sub process box and another variable ts_end containing ${timestamp("SECOND")} too in the output variables of your sub process box and just do ts_end - ts_start in the script of your measure, that would give you the duration of your process in seconds.
>

> Is that what you needed ?
>

> Regards,
>

> Gareth THIVEUX
>
> Customer Solutions Engineer
>  Fujitsu RunMyProcess
> 3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France
> website : Fujitsu RunMyProcess

Bidisha Das

Jul 5, 2014, 6:31:07 PM7/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, eduardo...@dedalusprime.com.br
Hi Eduardo
Yes,you are right.In order to display the time spent on each step ,you need to first store it in collection and then add that collection to report widget of your Web Interface.Make sure the property names in your report are same as the variables you are using in process to store the time spent.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

andre.fc....@gmail.com

May 7, 2015, 6:23:45 AM5/7/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, eduardo...@dedalusprime.com.br
It's not possible to do this with "Web Interface Reports"?

Bidisha Das

May 7, 2015, 6:34:40 AM5/7/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Andre,
Yes,its possible with WI reports also.You just need to add Custom measures in Process with the time difference values.The measures will be available in columns in your WI report and you can display them in WI.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

andre.fc....@gmail.com

May 7, 2015, 7:10:25 AM5/7/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks Bidisha,

But it's only possible to have one aggregation function per report? In my case, I need to have sum, avg, max and min in the same report.

Bidisha Das

May 7, 2015, 7:32:31 AM5/7/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,
You can have all the aggregation function on one report but not at the same time.You can perform different aggregation and save the same report separately with each aggregation performed on it.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha
Message has been deleted

andre.fc....@gmail.com

May 7, 2015, 10:38:23 AM5/7/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Ok Bidisha. But we need to produce a report with a table, where columns are the sum of values and the average of time spent by the process, grouped by month. This will be like:

Month Total value Time average
jan2015 999999.99 05m:10s
Fev2015 999999.99 1h:00m:00s

We have a measure for value and time, for each process instance. Can you pls give us a guide to build this kind of reports? We need your help.

Bidisha Das

May 8, 2015, 3:37:52 AM5/8/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Andre,
I guess Total Value is the total time taken in executing the process.If this is the case,then you can directly use the pre-defined column "Duration" available in Columns in Process Report.It will give you the total time taken in process execution.

I could not get the concept of Time Average.If you have a single process, what do u mean by average time? Do you mean the average of time spent on each activity? If this is the case,then you need to calculate it in Process itself and then display its value in Process Report using Measure.

Regarding Group By,you can group by "Month" column with any Aggregation function depending on your requirement.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

andre.fc....@gmail.com

May 8, 2015, 7:05:36 AM5/8/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hello Bidisha. Thanks for you help. But the question is:
- Total value = sum (instancevalue) in a month
- Time average = sum(instance activity time)/count(instances) in a month so, we have:
measurevalue = instance value
measuretime = instance activity time
Our problem is how to build this kind of report? we defined a web interface report grouped by month, but how to define the other two columns?

Shobhit Tripathi

May 10, 2015, 4:54:34 PM5/10/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Andre,

As per your previous post I am getting that you wanted to create a report with the columns "Total value" and "Time Avg" which are grouped by "Month". And for this you are having the Measure fields as well (consisting values and time fields).

If you wanted to create the report like this then you need to use/create an external variable in the process (as an output variable) which consists calculated values from the fields of "value" and "time" as an "Total value" and "Time avg" respectively, (I think, like you have done with execution time taken by the process) and then add these variables in the Measure tab.

Then in the report configuration you need to use "Group by" with the Month and aggregation function as Count/Sum etc(depends on requirement). After that you need to add those fields/variable (which you have added in the process measure tab) as an column which you wanted to be displayed.

So once you launch the report you can see the report with the grouped by month and with each instances with the Total value and Time Avg fields.

Note: As per default aggregation function (provided by RMP) will work one at a time.

Hope this will helps you.

Kindly let me know if I misunderstood.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess