How to change visibility of widget per language settings of each user/ How to use P_language

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 12:47:03 AM2/20/18
Hi team,

I would appreciate if you could help me with internationalization of my application.

I need at least 2 languages for my WI (example: English and Japanese).

I have researched and found App Translator, and I am now able to implement dictionaries to show labels in language according to the user's language settings.
However, this is limited to fixed labels (such as "Pending tasks" etc. of BASKET) and labels of widgets.

Here are my questions.

1. How can I provide static text in 2 languages, only showing 1 that is appropriate for the user?

2. What is the difference between "Global variable", "Process runtime variable", and "Web Interface variable"?
For example, "Process runtime variable" says "The following are available in the internal parameters of the request, they can be used during request execution." So, what are restrictions (how this cannot be used), and how is it different to use of "Web Interface variables"?
I am asking this because I tried passing P_language from main process to subprocess and failed, so I am guessing I cannot use P_language in process design.

3. Can I use P_language in "Visibility" script of widgets?
I have investigated and I see two ways to configure Availability/Visibility of widgets. One is using hidden Java script. The other one is configuring script for "Visible" by clicking on "View or edit script" on Rules tab of widgets.
Simplest solution to what I want to do so far, as I imagine, is to use the second option, and set a script for visibility of a widget such as:
"[[P_language]]"=="en"
I have tried but this does not work.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards,
Aya

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 6:29:55 PM2/21/18
Hi again,

I have noticed that when an identifier is set to static text widget, the static text appear on dictionary of App Translator.

Is this correct?

If so, I plan to set identifier to all static text to translate via dictionary of App Translator.
To do this, are there any known restrictions (ex. maximum number of characters in static text) or side effects (ex. upload of page will slow down)?

Regards,
Aya

Ghanshyam Mule

Feb 21, 2018, 11:53:59 PM2/21/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com

Hi Aya,

We have checked for identifier functionality of static text widget on the dictionary of app translator.
Currently no limit is set to identifier of static widget & we are not finding slowness issue while loading the web  page.

Feel free to contact us for more information.

regards,
Ghanshyam

Regards,
Aya

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

ayah...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2018, 6:48:23 PM2/25/18
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, ayah...@gmail.com
Thanks Ghanshyam, I'll try translating the whole application by setting Identifier to all static widgets.

Regards,
Aya