Handling vast content in a Web interfaces

onei...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2014, 5:56:03 AM8/29/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

I have a workflow which will require that a user fills in many questions (much like a long questionnaire) - The content will differ depending in which user is viewing it. i.e some elements may or may not be visible

There could be a around 60 different questions the user has to answer (by text, radio button, drop down list etc)

What is the best way to handle this? I'd really like the user to go from page to page so there that only a few questions are displayed at time

Currently i have mimicked this by creating 'next' and 'back' buttons which hide and show Sections accordingly

The problem I'm facing is that i've only created about 10% of the content for the form and the webinterface is getting very busy and very difficult to maintain already. I keep hitting the the limits of how far I can extend sections.

Do you have any advice on best practice on how best to handle such a situation?

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 29, 2014, 8:28:56 AM8/29/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Jamie,

A good solution in term of performances would be to use custom widgets (cf. Documentation) where you can group fields that are related to a page or a section within a custom widget, and then place your custom widgets within your main web interface.

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Jamie

Aug 29, 2014, 10:01:14 AM8/29/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

That's a great idea thank you. I will work that way :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.