Where are the connectors?

dougs...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2014, 5:06:15 AM8/1/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi. I am surprised to see that there are no Microsoft Active Directory connectors (there is "cloudiway", but that's a separate, paid service, not a connector).

Maybe I'm missing something, but although there are references to "2400 connectors" on several web pages (example - https://www.runmyprocess.com/how-it-works.html), I can only find about 100 or so here https://www.runmyprocess.com/take-a-tour.html "Browse our connector library".

So, two questions arise:
1. What is RMP's approach to integrating/importing/synchronising Active Directory accounts?
2. Where can I find the full list of 2400 connectors?

Regards,
Doug

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 4, 2014, 1:26:12 PM8/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Doug,

You won't find any connectors to Microsoft Active Directory within the library of connectors as they require specific on-premise configuration.
To integrate with on-premise Microsoft Active Directory, you'll have to go through our Secure Enterprise Connector in order to do so.
The Secure Enterprise Connector is a technology used to access on premise services. This is basically a secured tunnel between the RunMyProcess platform and your local network.
For this tunnel to work, an agent (named Data Connector agent) needs to be up and running in your local network. This agent has been originally developed by Google and is now maintained by Fujitsu RunMyProcess.
The Data Connector agent is an endpoint of the tunnel, the other endpoint being the RunMyProcess platform. All data going through the tunnel is secured (TLS).

With the SEC comes a range of "Adapters", among them : FileReader adapter, SMTP adapter, JDBC apdater and the LDAP adapter, which is the one you would be using in your case.

Using the combination of both the SEC and the LDAP adapter, you could then retrieve any information from your AD or even put in place the automatic provisionning of users from your AD to RunMyProcess.

In order to find the full list of connectors, you would need to create a trial account, go portal.runmyprocess.com (the Development Environment) and check the Connectors Library in the left-hand-side panel of the IDE.

Regards,

Customer Solutions Engineer
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
3 rue de Gramont, 75002 Paris - France

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Pray Desai

Aug 4, 2014, 1:30:54 PM8/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Doug,

1. You can use SEC-LDAP adaptor for integrating with your on-premise Active Directory. Refer this docuemntation : http://docs.runmyprocess.com/Integration_Guide/SEC/Adapters/LDAP
    If your AD is in Azure, then you can use Azure REST API to create your own connectors. Refer Azure API for AD : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh974478.aspx

2. You can find all the 2400 connectors in Library -> Connectors once you login to the RMP Portal. The 2400 connectors are for each API operation and the 100 mentioned in the above link (not a complete list) are Providers which are overall SaaS APIs that can have multiple connectors such as add a row, retrieve a row etc. for Google Spreadsheet API.

--
Regards,
Pray Desai,

dougs...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2014, 5:47:00 PM8/4/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, dougs...@gmail.com

Great, thanks for the detailed responses guys, much appreciated.

Regards,
Doug

vickir...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2015, 11:42:36 PM3/2/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Pray,

I am still a little confused on why the suggestion under the Microsoft heading of the Integration Guide is to use CloudAnywhere from CloudiWay but the SEC LDAP connections apperas to fulfil the AD connections issues when behind the firewall. When is Cloudiway's solution necessary because the SEC LDAP Adapter approach is not sufficient?

Vicki

Victoria Redwood

Mar 3, 2015, 12:02:06 AM3/3/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks for the prompt response and I am well aware of the SEC LDAP and Azure AD solutions. My question was why you emphasise the CloudiWay solution in the Integration Guide's Microsoft section.  It would appear to be superfluous.

Vicki.

Mar 3, 2015, 2:06:55 PM3/3/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi Vicki,

We had mentioned CloudiWay in our documentation to show AD integration capailities before we developed our SEC-LDAP adaptor. We haven't updated this documentation then.

Regards,
Pray Desai,
Fujitsu RunMyProcess.

Victoria Redwood

Mar 3, 2015, 4:43:31 PM3/3/15
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks Pray. I am preparing a tender response and needed to determine any added costs.
Vicki.