Automatic reminder mails using RMP

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 10:48:02 AM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi

Is it possible to send automatic reminder mails using RMP?

Please find the scenario below which i am trying to accomplish using RMP

1.Sending reminder on every first Monday of the month

2.Second reminder mail on every second Monday of the month

Thanks alot in advance

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 12, 2013, 1:23:33 PM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Hi,

You can start a process based on a timer, and configure the process to automatically start every 7 days for example :

Images intégrées 1

To do so, after designing your process, select the Start event (1) and change the Trigger option (2) to Timer. Then you'll be able to specify the Start Date, the number of repetitions and the delay between reps, but unfortunately you won't be able to ask for "the first monday of each month" for example which is too specific.

Regards,

Pre-Sales Consultant / Consultant Avant-Vente
 Fujitsu RunMyProcess
22 rue Chauchat, 75009 Paris - France (GMT+1)

Fujitsu RunMyProcess user? Please add a review on GoogleApps Marketplace

Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer ce message qu'en cas de nécessité.
Be environmentally friendly: do not print this email unless it is entirely necessary.

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

2013-08-12_19h16_57.png

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 2:55:03 PM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, bestfri...@gmail.com
Thanks alot Gareth,

I mentioned specific day becuase i want to start my process to start every month using that notification mail.

Could you please suggest any other option to achieve it?

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 3:14:49 PM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, bestfri...@gmail.com
On Monday, August 12, 2013 10:48:02 AM UTC-4, bestfri...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Gareth ,

I tried with the same steps, but it is triggering mail only once , when i launchtest for the process.

Do i need to trigger the process from the webinterface to send mails based on the timer settings?

Thanks
Nagasai

bestfri...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 4:27:44 PM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, bestfri...@gmail.com
On Monday, August 12, 2013 10:48:02 AM UTC-4, bestfri...@gmail.com wrote:

Please find the attachment for the steps , I followed for this reminder mails

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Gareth Thiveux

Aug 12, 2013, 5:05:31 PM8/12/13
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, Nagasai aytha
Hi Nagasai,

I think I've figured a solution for you.
As mentionned in my first message, you create a process which is started by a timer.
Then you choose a Monday as Start Date (so 12/08, or 19/08 or whatever you like as long as it's a Monday).
You tick unlimited for the number of repetitions and put 7 days delay between days.
This way, your process will be triggered every monday, which is not exactly what you want, I know.
That's why we are going to add an additionnal step compared to what I've shown you before :
Images intégrées 1
Just after the timer, we'll add a Split/XOR gateway, and this is where we'll check if it's the first monday of the month or not.
If it's the case, so if now("d"), which returns today day (which we already know is a Monday because we only trigger the process on Mondays), is less or equal to 7, then it's the first of the month and so we send the email, if not we just end the process.

You'll just have to design the same process, but slightly change the condition of the gateway if you want to send the email on the second monday of the month :
now("d")?number >= 8 && now("d")?number <= 14 instead of now("d")?number <= 7

About your second message, process triggered by a timer have to be pushed into a LIVE version to be launched automatically.
To be sure your process timer has been taken into account after it has been pushed in live, you can go in "Scheduled processes" in the left-hand-side menu of the portal (under "Monitoring"). You should then see it in the list.

2013/8/12 <bestfri...@gmail.com>
On Monday, August 12, 2013 10:48:02 AM UTC-4, bestfri...@gmail.com wrote:
--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess