Error 400: Unable to update process

svi...@astrainfotech.com

Jun 6, 2016, 1:33:33 AM6/6/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, Vipin Kumar, Vinod Varma
Hi

Suddenly I am getting 400 unable to update error (screenshot attached) when clicking a button with actin as "Update Process". There is Pre-launch script associated with the button. All steps in that script before the last line "true;" is executed

Request help; thanks in advance

Regards

Vinod

Unable to update.png

Murali

Jun 6, 2016, 2:22:18 AM6/6/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, v...@astrainfotech.com, vinod...@gmail.com, svi...@astrainfotech.com
Hi Vinod,

Does this process working before or you are developing/testing for the first time?

Also review your process step variables/measures configuration and see something missing and refer to suggestions on similar error in here.

You could find the additional error details using the browser options, https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/network

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Murali
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

svi...@astrainfotech.com

Jun 6, 2016, 3:09:48 AM6/6/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, v...@astrainfotech.com, vinod...@gmail.com, svi...@astrainfotech.com
Hi Murali

Thanks for the quick response.

It was working earlier and issue came up after I made some changes.

I could further isolate the issue to a specific change in code. I am creating a record in collection and displaying in report, and using data from report widget to create a PDF. It works fine when I am data from user input as in ' my_object.total=line[7];' as shown below but leads to error when I am using '' my_object.total=line[5]*line[6]; (It calculates and stores the data but leads to error in Button with action set to Update Process

var my_object = {};
my_object.quotationNo= id_quotation_no.getText();
my_object.slNo=line[0];
my_object.itemNo=line[1];
my_object.itemCategory=line[2];
my_object.itemDescription=line[3];
my_object.size=line[4];
my_object.quantity=line[5];
my_object.unitPrice=line[6];
my_object.total=line[7];

I am trying various alternatives. Please let me know if there is anything specific I could try out

Regards

Vinod

Pankaj Kumar

Jun 7, 2016, 1:27:25 AM6/7/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, vk, Vinod Varma, Vinod Varma
Hi Vinod,

Please correct me if I understood wrong, when you are using code

my_object.total=line[7];

it is working correctly, but you are getting error when you are trying

my_object.total=line[5]*line[6];

Please try below code:-

my_object.total = Number(line[5]) * Number(line[6]);

Note:- you can also you parseInt or parseFloat javascript method as per your requirement.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

svi...@astrainfotech.com

Jun 7, 2016, 2:51:49 AM6/7/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, v...@astrainfotech.com, vinod...@gmail.com, svi...@astrainfotech.com
Hi Pankaj

Yes, that is the issue. It works fine with my_object.total=line[7]; but leads to error when I am using my_object.total=line[5]*line[6]. I tried now with Number(line[5]) * Number(line[6]); also but issue persists

Request help

Regards

Vinod

Pankaj Kumar

Jun 7, 2016, 5:31:40 AM6/7/16
to Fujitsu RunMyProcess Developer Community, vk, Vinod Varma, Vinod Varma
Hi Vinod,

Are you sure you are getting the error due to this java script code on pre-launch script, I write some test and if there is any js runtime error on pre-launch script, despite being written true in last line, process update activity do not triggered due to js exception.

Error 400 usually comes due to malformed request. Kindly check your process execution, free-marker code if any on that activity and email notification configuration on that activity.

Also on this issue, it seems we need to look your project configuration, kindly update us if you have RunMyProcess professional support hours.

Thank you,
Pankaj Kumar
Fujitsu RunMyProcess Support