How to resolve version conflict.

Jinu paul

Sep 5, 2014, 9:22:52 AM9/5/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com

I have a project which is in live mode working correctly.

After that i have created a new version of the project from non-administrator account and pushed that version to live.

I have changed status of the previous version to Test.

Unfortunately i deleted that version. Then on wards i am not able to start any process from the live project either from admin account or non admin account.

When i try to start a process from admin account i get the following response.

Unable to start process

Forbidden (403) - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it

From no-admin account i get,

unable to start process

Conflict (409) - The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource

Please help.

Bidisha Das

Sep 6, 2014, 4:43:41 AM9/6/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, jinu...@performanceadvantage.ca
Hi Jinu,
While creating new version of your project,did you include the process you want to run in LIVE mode in "Resources" tab of your version and also you need to check the "Keep Updated" check box for that process so that in case you make any changes in it,it would reflect in the LIVE version of that process.Also if you want all your processes to run in LIVE mode,then you need to include all the processes as well as keep them updated in the Resources of your LIVE version.

As of now,change the status of your version to TEST->Go to Resources->Include the particular process in it->check the "Keep Updated" check box for that process and save it.Put the version in LIVE mode.Then run this particular process in LIVE mode and check if you still face the same error.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha

Shobhit Tripathi

Sep 6, 2014, 7:53:33 AM9/6/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Just Adding up Bidisha's Post:  You should be very careful while using Keep Updated option. Because if you checked this option then while you are changing (or testing) your WI or Process etc. then it will reflect into the project Version (Test/Acceptance/Production).

As I am thinking that, you are launching your process through Web Interface, after than you are getting 403 Error: Sometimes this problem occurs when you are not added user in specific role. To do so:

Go to your Organization --> Select the Role --> Add user(s) in that role.

Make sure that you have added the user in that role who is initiating the process. You can check this check in your process lane's role at left vertical bar what role has the right to start the process.

Also you have to add user in your Project access right tab that is Access right's type. Select User/Designer and then drag and drop the Role(s)/Entities as per you requirement.

If you still facing the same issue, feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shobhit

--
Fujitsu - RunMyProcess
---

Message has been deleted

Jinu Paul

Sep 9, 2014, 7:55:30 AM9/9/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com
Thanks for the reply

I am not able to solve the issue till now.
  • I am not using option Keep Updated
  • Yes, I am starting my process from a web interface.
I have two users one admin user other normal user.

I am keeping admin user in Designer role and Normal user in sales role.
On project access rights

Designer --> I have added my designer role and sales role
Supervisor-->I have added my designer role and sales role
User-->sales role

My process get initiated from the sales role users.

Testing as admin login

I am getting the following status

unable to start process
Forbidden (403) - The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it

Testing as Normal user(sales role)

I am getting the following status
unable to start process
Conflict (409) - The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource

As i am not worried about the admin user initiating the process.

but  the normal user (sales role) should be able to start the process.
i don't understand what is the conflict. Is there any ways to find out the conflict?

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Jinu Paul <jinu...@performanceadvantage.ca> wrote:
Thanks for the reply

I am not able to solve the issue till now.
  • I am not using option Keep Updated
  • Yes, I am starting my process from a web interface.
I have two users one admin user other normal user.

I am keeping admin user in Designer role and Normal user in sales role.
On project access rights

Designer --> I have added my designer role and sales role
Supervisor-->I have added my designer role and sales role
User-->sales role

My process get initiated from the sales role users.

Testing as admin login

I am

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RunMyProcess Support Forum" group.

Bidisha Das

Sep 9, 2014, 8:35:27 AM9/9/14
to suppor...@runmyprocess.com, jinu...@performanceadvantage.ca
Hi Jinu
Would you let me know what role you have assigned to the process, Designer role or Sales role?.
In order to do that, check your process lane's role at left vertical bar what role has the right to start the process. Only the role which is added to the process can initiate the process.So in your case if you want the user belonging to Sales role to initiate the process,you should add this particular role to your process.

If you want  the Admin belonging to Designer role initiate the process,then you should include this particular role in your process and also add this role in User tab of Project's Access Right's Type.

Also please check your Project's LIVE version's Resources properly that you have included this process in that and you have not missed anything.

Please let me know if it got solved.

Thanks & Regards
Bidisha